At Amazon, we pioneer.
We also treat every day just like it’s day one. And we never sit still while we do it.
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
We’re seeking an experienced, Operations Manager to join our Customer Fulfillment team. You’ll operate out of one of our dynamic Fulfillment Centers: these sit at the heart of Amazon’s world-class, rapidly growing business. They’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory; they’re also where we developed our smart, industry-leading workflows.
As an Operations Manager, you’ll deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the teams you manage. But at the same time, you don’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and getting involved whenever necessary.
You’ll be directly responsible for managing a team of Area Managers and their direct reports: meanwhile, you will report to the Senior Operations Manager of your Fulfillment Center. The quality of your leadership is key to success in this role: you’ll motivate and inspire your teams to do their best work, while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with that of the business.
Another key aspect of your role will be to lead on numerous process improvement projects, with the aim of streamlining all activities, both for yourself and the team members you manage. The ideas, innovation and leaps out of the status quo that you come up with could very well be rolled out across the Amazon network: this immense opportunity is yours for the taking.
Your role will be pivotal in the overall management, control, organization and direction of either Outbound or Inbound operational areas of your Fulfillment Center. Your responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards within your remit area, while promoting and inspiring Health and Safety culture on-site
- Become a subject matter expert on specific, larger-scale processes and activities within FCs
- In your inventory control and systems environment, you’ll manage timely data collection, updating operations metrics on an hourly basis,
- You’ll aim to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and ensure an excellent customer experience
- Work closely with other support teams (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety and Security, IT) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels,
- Implement process change and contribute in cross-functional Six Sigma initiatives within your site and the broader Amazon EU Operations network,
- You will be in an operational environment requiring working within shift pattern.
- Are a Saudi Citizen
- Degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English & Arabic
- Experience as a department manager, leading a group of lower level managers
- Degree in Engineering or a Supply Chain/Logistics/ Manufacturing related discipline or MBA,
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented,
- Relevant experience communicating with and presenting to senior leadership,
- Professional experience interpreting and communicating analytics,
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to motivate a team,
- Professional experience from production, supply chain or manufacturing areas,
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies,
- Leadership Principle experience such as Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."