Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
As a recognized company expert in the chemical business, In-Kingdom Liquids to Chemicals Business & Project Development Department is driving the development of In-Kingdom Liquids to Chemicals capital program and the delivery of capital program requirements from the initiation phase and execution phase till hand-over of the facility. The division is responsible for the activities of East HUB Project Development under the Liquid to Chemicals Program (LTC) and drive the development of project assessment, and the delivery of project requirements during FEL I, FEL II and FEL III. Additionally, the function will be solely responsible for leading the formation & activities of the Integrated Project Team (ITP), the formation of project steering committee or equivalent committees to drive major project decisions.
The senior operation engineer will join the East Hub Division in LTC Business & Project Development Department. The senior operation engineer is responsible to develop technical scope of work for Invitation to Bid documents, facility design basis and technical interface basis (e.g. process rates & qualities to other units, utilities load, plot requirements). In addition, it is expected to coordinate remote support for additional process specialist as needed to support technology selection and technical basis-setting.
Duites and Responsibilities
• Develop chemical process Yields, Qualities, Opex and mass balances for process configurations in the refining & Petrochemical units.
• Strong experience in petrochemicals particularly in Polyethylene (LLDPE/HDPE/LDPE) and Polypropylene (PP) technologies supporting the evaluation of licensor bids, technology evaluation and licensor selection.
• Review of engineering documents from licensors and contractors during the pre-FEED, FEED and EPC phases of the project.
• Develop petrochemical unit’s ORMP, Flawless project delivery, stat up, Operation philosophy, and operation general instruction.
• Develop pre-commissioning and commissioning instructions and procedures in consultation with licensors, EPC contractors and equipment vendors.
• Provide technical support for petrochemical units particularly for the Polyolefin plant’s operation readiness, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
• Provide technical support to the operating team for the safe and efficient operation of the Polyolefin plants.
• Optimize the plant operations for enhanced productivity and reliability.
• Develop petrochemical unit’s control logic, cause and effect
• Participate in petrochemical unit’s process optimization and synergy between refinery and petrochemicals.
• Review and update petrochemicals unit’s redline drawings.
• Provide technical support for capital projects involving petrochemical units particularly for the Polyolefin plants at various stages of the project life cycle (pre-feasibility, feasibility, Pre-feed, feed basic design, detailed engineering and construction).
• Researching new technologies, regulations, and other factors that may affect business model.
• Strong experience in Refinery-Chemicals integration strategies, competitiveness and benchmarking.
• Analyzing the market and identifying opportunities for business growth.
• Conducting research on competitors to identify opportunities for new products
• Provide technical input to LP and economics modeling and capital efficiency.
• Provide insights and recommendations in the financial models output and ability to guide management to select the best configurations for the plants/ LTC projects cases.
• Developing effective project execution strategies, plan and team
• Establishing new client relationships and maintaining existing ones in order to generate revenue
• Deliver the tools, templates and systems to ensure the safe, passionately and flawlessly delivery of the project.
• Liaison between Project Management and technical disciplines to achieve integration across all project disciplines.
• Ensure scope, risk and interfaces are captured, manage Interfaces between internal and external parties and documented.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering preferred advanced degree.
- At least 12 years of experience with a focus in the Petrochemicals specifically in the engineering design or operation of PE and PP plants.
- At least 3 years’ Experience in the Linear Programming (LP) & Economics Modeling.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.