Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an experienced Petroleum Engineering (PE) professional to join our Unconventional Reservoir Engineering Department (URED). This position is based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Reporting to the Manager of the UR Development Strategy and Reserves Division, the PE will have broad experience within the unconventional upstream oil and gas industry. The PE should have in-depth knowledge and expertise with the following: (1) Economic Evaluation, Business Planning and budgeting (2) Field development and depletion plans, and (3) Investment decision analysis (including risk and uncertainty). URED provides high-level technical support to upstream management encompassing all areas related to unconventional field development within the Kingdom. This role requires both depth and breadth of critical technical expertise, managerial acumen and exceptional communication skills. The successful candidate will provide strategic options for unconventional development with emphasis on economic evaluation. The successful candidate will apply holistic modeling and decision analysis techniques to support value optimization of the full upstream portfolio within the Company’s upstream strategy. Additionally, the successful candidate will have significant liaison responsibilities with several organizations internal to Saudi Aramco including Finance, Corporate Strategy & Market Analysis and Reserves.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out economic Modeling to support development as part of commerciality assessment
- Perform economic evaluation to support fast-paced development decisions and work
- closely with support functions including Corporate Finance, Strategy and Reserves groups
- Carry out Risk & Uncertainty assessment of technical and financial components
- Perform Specific scenario planning and sensitivity studies as directed by Management
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to strategize and implement field development plans
- Conversant with Reserves estimation, validation and booking for unconventional plays
- Conversant with business planning process. Short- & Long-range planning, portfolio ranking.
- Provide economic & operational benchmarking of North American Unconventional Plays
- Develop and implement new work processes, best technical practices, governance and controls
- Coach and mentor less experienced Saudi engineers and effectively explain ideas, concepts, and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum engineering or related science as appropriate to the required discipline. An advanced degree in Petroleum Economics or Statistics would be an advantage.
- We are targeting 12-15 years’ experience with knowledge in unconventional plays including shale, tight sand or channel reservoir. Experience in unconventional hydrocarbon basins required. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in unconventional green field development.
- Knowledge of the following applications (or similar) is required: PEEP, MOSAIC, Enersight, PVTsim, ProjectRA and Spotfire.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.