Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Coordinator will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in delivery stations to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for the associates inside the delivery station as well as increase the awareness level for delivery associates for on road safety.
WHS Coordinator must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train Operations Leaders in Amazon safety policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the safety landscape.
WHS Coordinator responsiblities :
· Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Safety Policies.
· Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
· Analyze safety metrics and review incident daily, weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
· Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other DS.
· Audit record-keeping practices and Global Safety Database (Gensuite) entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
· Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Spend time at the Delivery stations and seek input from Safety teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
· Experience in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science.
· Nebosh IGC and IOSH Managing Safely.
· Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
· Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely.
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."