Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramcos value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdoms vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The purpose of this role is to support the project director in the expansion of the Naval shipbuilding industry in Saudi Arabia.
The strategy to develop world class naval shipbuilding and MRO capabilities will involve the development of an existing facility in the Eastern Region, along with ensuring that the development of a Western Region MRO facility is also adequate for naval vessel MRO work. The strategy will also involve building capabilities for sub 70M defense assets by aligning with a local player in the Kingdom. The final element of the strategy will be to develop a solution that enables the National Champion to privatize the more minor MRO work of all defense vessels in all naval bases across the Kingdom.
The development of a Kingdom wide Naval shipbuilding and MRO strategy is part of a wider strategy to develop one entity that will be the Kingdom of Saudi Arabias National Champion.
Supported by a consultancy that specializes in the development of shipyard facilities, the technical SME will work on the development of the facilities from feasibility phase, through facility location identification, layout, build strategy, partner selection and implementation.
The technical SME will support the strategy team to ensure that technically the strategy identified and then implemented is viable from an operational perspective.
Therefore, someone who has worked in the development of naval facilities in terms of yard development, basic design of the facility, FEED and actual construction would be most appropriate.
Alongside this a good understanding of the process required in naval ship building & MRO across all categories, as well as previous alignment with Naval forces in terms of minor repairs in naval bases is also essential.
The early phases of this role will be highly strategic so alignment with business strategy and overall direction of the National Champion is crucial, however the ability to develop the strategy through implementation phase is also critical, working with teams on business planning, org. structures, financials, systems, policies, procedure and processes, enablers, potential technical partners.
- Identifying initial project risks.
- Establishing and implementing a strategy.
- Close liaison with the wider National Champion team including other vertical business units and horizontally with supporting stakeholders in strategy, finance, HR, legal etc.
- Preparation of reports for the Company management as and when required.
- Complying with Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Building production strategies.
- Identifying suitable technical partners and assessing their suitability.
- Working with the shipyard design consultancy, mostly in the areas of aligning production methodologies and processes with the design layout.
- Construction, Marine, Mechanical or Civil Engineer (Bachelors) with 10+ years experience.
- Experience of working as the main contractor in shipyard facilities with start-up experience, especially in a naval shipbuilding facility that incorporates MRO and new build projects.
- Experience of maintaining naval vessels from inception to completion in a project management / leadership role. Either minor repairs in naval bases or major repair work in shipyards.
- Core understanding of National Naval Forces.
- Alignment with the requirement for shipyards to incorporate digitalization & environmental strategies and experience of implementation.
- Naval shipyard business organizational development in production design.
- 10+ experience in the maritime sector, with working directly for the manufacturer and experience working for the operator. Some background serving in the Navy as an engineer would be an asset but is not essential.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the worlds biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.