Job Number 22006349
Job Category Human Resources
Location JW Marriott Hotel Riyadh, King Fahad Road, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Position directs and works with human resource employees to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Department, including recruitment, total compensation, employee relations and training and development. Focuses on delivering human resource services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and customers.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in human resources or related professional area; certified trainer.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; certified trainer; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Manages Employee Relations and Compensation Issues
• Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Conducts annual wage survey to ensure hourly rates of pay are competitive in the market.
• Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
• Monitors work environment for signs of employee discontent and/or union organization.
• Ensures hourly performance appraisal processes are in place, reviews are conducted in a timely manner, and increases are processed.
Supporting the Recruitment and Hiring Process
• Manages the advertisement of open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
• Ensures interviews are conducted according to recommended guidelines, consistent screening criteria is used, and only job-related questions are asked.
• Monitors and supports the selection/non-selection and offer processes to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection are stated on screening cards, applicants receive status notifications).
Managing Employee Progressive Discipline Process
• Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency.
• Checks for supportive information to progressive discipline documentation and forwards information to Director of Human Resources to determine appropriate action.
• Ensures employee issues are referred to either the Director of Human Resources or Department Manager for resolution.
• Ensures all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards etc.
Overseeing Employee Training and Development Activities
• Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in the brand culture.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
• Ensures employee files contain required paperwork (e.g., employment application, reference checks, tax forms, EEO/Veteran/Disability status forms, Information Protection Agreement, job description), are properly maintained, and secured.
• Supports the maintenance of the Human Resource Information System in accordance with Human Resources Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensures all I-9 documentation is properly recorded, filed, and updated in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
• Communicates property rules and regulations, the progressive discipline policy, Peer Review, Employee Resource Line, Business Integrity Line, and the Guarantee of Fair Treatment during orientation and via an employee handbook.
• Ensures drug screening and background checks are completed and social security numbers are verified in accordance with brand Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensures wages are paid in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures and federal and state laws (e.g., employee pay for meeting attendance, wages limited to maximum rate of pay, entry level rates paid to new hires, overtime provisions in place, separation pay).
• Takes appropriate action with individuals who are unable to produce valid I-9 documentation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Job ID: 22006349
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.