Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramcos value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdoms vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Map and generate CO2 or geothermal targets in Saudi Arabia.
- Analyze temperature gradient, water flow, porosity, permeability, subsurface aquifers dynamics, interaction with subsurface materials.
- Interpret well information, make well correlations and work with petro-physicists as required to define structural and stratigraphic properties of target zones, and characterize in-situ formation water properties.
- Participate in the acquisition planning and interpretation of potential methods: magnetic, gravimetric, electrical resistivity tomography, ground penetration radar and electromagnetic data.
- Interpret well test data in terms of flow performance in relation to Geothermal production.
- Interpret seismic data, including horizons, faults and fracture interpretations.
- Understand depth conversion of seismically-mapped surfaces, considering velocity information and uncertainties.
- Prepare and present professional-quality presentation materials to technical peers and management.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to young professionals
- Take critical decisions and solve problems.
- Works in multidiscipline teams.
- As a successful candidate, you would need to hold a bachelor or higher degree in Geology or Geophysics.
- +15 years of experience in subsurface geoscience including several years of experience specifically related to geological interpretation, mapping and Geothermal subsurface evaluation.
- Extensive experience in applying structural, stratigraphy and regional geology using surface geology, seismic and well data to identify and characterize all relevant subsurface CO2 and geothermal targets.
- Extensive experience on software applications relating to the use of wells and seismic (2D and 3D) for subsurface CO2 and geothermal geoscience, e.g., Petrel, Petrosys.
- Experience in planning and following up well drilling operations.
- English language fluency with the capability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing, with experience of working with multidisciplinary teams across different parts of an organization.
- Experience of other non-hydrocarbon subsurface management challenges such as, hydrogen storage, chemical storage etc would be an advantage.
- A track record of research publications or patents would be an advantage.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the worlds biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.