Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking a Substation Equipment Engineering Specialist to join Electrical Engineering Division of Consulting Services Department.
Consulting Services Department provides Saudi Aramco with effective specialized engineering consultations for operations and capital project, introduces viable technologies, and maintains engineering standards and material specifications.
The major functions of the specialist are to initiate or conduct special studies for improving facilities or operation, provide specialized technical service in recognized engineering fields and act as consultant on complex engineering problems, designs and projects. requirements for electrical equipment.
Candidate should have experience in performing installation or site commissioning of switchgears, motor starter, and transformer equipment and factory acceptance testing.
- Leads and recommends new continuous improvement solutions for installations or modifications to improve existing facilities and standardization within substation equipment field.
- Estimates costs, prepares justifications and completes expenditure requests as required.
- Leads the activities of project proposal that include development of scope, functions, interrelationship, integration, physical solution definition, cost estimate, etc.
- Leads project execution for project proposal, initiatives, studies and continuous improvement of solutions and problem solvers.
- Plans, schedules and provides work direction for preparation of designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data and assures the efficiency, adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of challenging engineering problems.
- Formulates the basis for engineering studies in any of several basic or special engineering fields by analyzing and evaluating all relevant data.
- Evaluates data as to scope, effect on existing installations, economic value, and long-range planning and budgetary considerations.
- Initiates detailed work outline and makes decision as to basic approaches, processes and/or equipment.
- Performs work and/or delegates work to other engineers for final development of specialized or technical proposals and proposed projects.
- Brings all elements of a project together, makes certain that all elements proceed satisfactorily on schedule and within the allocated budget; and initiates corrective action as required.
- Reviews cost estimates, recommendation from vendors, engineering firms, and licensors.
- Develops scope and description of technology items, and leads the implementation and operation of developed solutions in the field.
- Makes recommendations for future study or report changes.
- Conducts peer-review of technical reports and reviews work of third party, technology reports, and engineering standards.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering. A Master’s of Science or PhD in Engineering or other advanced professional Engineering Degree is highly desirable, but not required.
- Ten (10) years of professional experience, including years as an Engineer in responsible charge of technical work in Substation Equipment.
- Must have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills and be willing to transfer implicit knowledge to specialists and engineers in the field
- Preferably have published papers in technical journals, but not required.
- Fundamentals of Engineering, Professional Engineering, Chartered Engineer, or equivalent certification is highly desirable.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.