Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Stratigrapher & Data Integrator to join the Northern Area & offshore Division of Gas Reservoir Characterization Department
The Northern Area & offshore Division is responsible for providing detailed well data correlations, log-log correlation, mapping, and sequence stratigraphy, core descriptions, biostratigraphic, chemostratigraphic, and reservoir data, applying them in the construction of reservoir stratigraphic lateral correlations at field and regional scales; and finally, inputs to the reservoir geological models.
The Stratigrapher & Data Integrator primary role is to integrate different data, pick formation and reservoir tops, as well as producing, correlating reservoir internal layers, and associated mapping.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- The focus of this role is to manage subsurface unit stratigraphy, pick and maintain formation and reservoir tops, and reads different geological data (data integration) to provide support for geological and sedimentological studies and operational decisions. Responsibilities will include:
- Well correlation, cross sections and mapping, field and regional scales
- Integration of variable data types
- Description and Interpretation of rock properties through petrophysical analysis.
- Effectively collaborating with other team members within a multidisciplinary group, which will include participation in well planning activities for designated areas in collaboration with the field geology team, geoscientists, and modeling in accordance with work procedures.
- Develop new technologies and workflows to improve reservoir characterization, reduce development cost, and improve work practice.
- Prepare/review reports.
As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Geology-Sedimentology, Petroleum Geology or higher from a recognized and approved program.
- You will have fifteen years of experience in the field of reservoir geology, stratigraphy, and reservoir characterization, and stratigraphy.
- Considerable prior practical skills and experience in reservoir geology operation, reading wireline logs, can define geological observations and pick correlative stratigraphic unites.
- Full understanding of the principles and application of biostratigraphy, chemo-stratigraphy and sequence stratigraphy to siliciclastic reservoirs is required.
- Sedimentology of siliciclastic rocks background is favorable
- Previous experience in data integration for geological modeling purposes and the ability to use industry software (e.g., Petrel, Decision Space) is desirable for this position.
- Ability and skills in working on different scales, field and regional scales is anticipated.
- Experience with regional and prospect size structural analysis, seismic analysis, and basin analysis will be advantageous.
- Effectively develop project work and manage progress, through work in team environment is crucial.
- Prior experience in mentoring of junior geoscience professionals highly advantageous.
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative micro scale analysis, including reservoir diagenesis modeling, and diagenetic influence on reservoir characteristics.
- Core scale sedimentology and correlation to wireline log specifically image log.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.