We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented Sr. Instock Manager for the Hardlines Categories in GCC. This person will be responsible for solving complex supply chain and inventory management problems, optimizing and creating new internal processes and partnering with large retail managed vendors on improving operational efficiencies. We are looking for candidates with passion for innovation, process simplification, large-scale impact and operational improvements with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, able to manage multiple projects and cooperate with stakeholders, planning, prioritizing and delegating appropriate tasks.This is a high visibility, high impact role requiring strong communication (written & verbal) and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Vendor Management, SCOT, Finance and Operations. Successful candidates will be those able to prioritize well, display Ownership, Dive Deep, Invent and Simplify and have a consistent track record of delivering results.
As Senior Instock Manager, you will focus on delivering improvements at the GCC level, partnering with vendors and various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization to improve internal and external processes while continuously improving operational metrics. You will own the relationship of a set of Hardlines vendors and related long-term Supply Chain optimization goals, with the aim of reducing our overall cost to serve, contributing to the growth and scale of the category and to maximize the service level for our customers.
In order to be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable driving business decisions in a high pressure and often ambiguous work environment, challenging the status quo to improve existing processes and customer experience.
Position responsibilities include:
· Identify and pursue process improvement opportunities, with a special focus on supply planning processes, working with vendors, vendor operations, and inventory management
· Be a leader beyond the own categories by scaling best practices introduced at the highest possible level, ideally world-wide, and by supporting new tools/processes deployment
· Create a sourcing strategy for owned vendors that optimizes for availability and cost
· Participate in manufacturer and vendor reviews
· Drive process improvement and operational excellence within our vendor community by reducing costs, defects, and lead times, while increasing innovation, automation, and economies of scale
· Interact with operations teams and drive efficiencies through team collaboration
· Manage large scale data to drive decision making;
· 6/7+ years of working experience ideally in supply chain, inventory management with project management experience
· Fluent English
· Bachelors degree in Engineering, Management, Economics, Maths or similar
· Excellent communication and stakeholder influencing skills, with aptitude for data-driven argumentation
· Experience working with complex data sets
· A business focused way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results oriented mentality combined with ability to work strategically
· Must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.
· Highly analytical, flexible, action and results oriented, self-starter, comfortable with computer databases and tools
· Graduate degree in Business (MBA), Engineering or a Supply Chain / Operations discipline preferred.
· Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
· Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
· Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
· Experience with SQL is a plus
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."