Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
We are making significant investments for the long term – building our Fulfillment and Transportation infrastructure as well as the leadership team. As we continue to grow, we are keen to speak to experienced operators. These fast-moving facilities sit at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing Operations network, and are where we manage our fast-moving parcels.
We’re looking for committed team players to embrace this role: you’ll support the Operations leadership team, in the daily management of a pivotal delivery station.
This will involve being responsible of night shift, leading meetings, assigning work and communicating with both internal and external suppliers.
If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we’d love to hear from you.
Some of the things you’ll get involved in are:
· Overseeing the delivery of Amazon orders
· Support operations leadership team in daily management, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and communicating with internal and external suppliers, including agency management representatives and their drivers.
· Finding simple, smart and innovative ways to improve how we work for the benefit of our customers and on budget, and driving forward the implementation of that vision
· Working to KPIs such as SPH optimization, safety reporting and auditing, DEA, first day delivery success, contacts per shipment and enhancing customer service
· Successfully managing relationships with driver suppliers and inspiring the workforce to achieve and exceed
· Thinking analytically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and exceptional organisational skills.
Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements
· 2+ years of experience in LM operations
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Previous working knowledge of Lean techniques, such as Kaizen, DPMO analysis, 5S and/or Six Sigma methodologies
· Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities in fast-paced environment (SHL test will be considered in the selection process)
· Good communication skills
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Operations or a related field
Our employees’ safety is our top priority and we continue to monitor the global health situation. Because of this, your internship might be based in one of our facilities or it could be delivered virtually. Should it need to be delivered virtually, we have developed a program that ensures you will continue to have a meaningful and positive internship experience.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."