The Senior Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task and a proven record of driving category growth. The SVM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon.sa most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
A successful SVM will be able to:
· Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
· Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
· Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
· Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
· Manage vendor relationships – manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
· Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
· Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
· Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
The Senior Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task and a proven record of driving category growth. The SVM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon.com most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Business, or Management
· -5+ years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of delivering results
· 5+ years’ experience in negotiations and vendor management
· Excellent business judgment with strong written and oral communication skills
· High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment start-up like environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
· MBA with 6+ years’ relevant business experience
· Vendor Management experience within FMCG retail space
· Track record of results, setting strategy, and running a large volume and high profile business
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
· Experience successfully coaching and developing others
· Knowledge and understanding of retail’s competitive landscape both externally and internally on Amazon’s 3p marketplace.
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."