Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
We are making significant investments for the long term – building our Fulfillment and Transportation infrastructure as well as the leadership team. The Program Manager role will help craft the strategy and execution plans for large scale projects for operations teams in KSA. We seek a highly skilled and motivated leader to drive innovative solutions to the way in which we deliver products to our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a rapidly growing area within Amazon. An ideal candidate should have an extensive background in program management, operations and cross-functional leadership (matrix organisation) for large scale strategic initiatives.
S/he should have the ability to influence without authority, create product/program visions, manage complex multi tech/ops/business org opportunities, drive execution of programs, pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements and standardize/create scalable processes leveraging technology.
This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with Business, Operations, and tech stakeholders, while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment with all levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex logistics challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results.
Needed Skills and Abilities:
· Influencing without authority: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence stakeholders across functions to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
· Building and Developing a strong team: Significant experience leading teams, developing your directs to consistently deliver valuable projects and performance on core metrics
· Strong Communication: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams at all levels, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
· Problem Solving: Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, to structure ambiguous situations and to use data analysis to the extent possible to find and drive solutions
· Delivering Results: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end complex technology and operations projects under tight timelines, working through the multiple constraints along the way
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
· Technical/system analytical work in operations area (5+ years)
· Project management (5+ years)
· Experience in building business strategies
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English, with a demonstrated ability to communicate and build consensus with various internal and external groups and senior leaders.
· Knowledge of Arabic language
· MBA/Masters Degree in relevant area from a world class institution
· Relevant experience in Operations, Distribution or Program Management
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."