Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking a Senior Hydrogen Market & Technology Strategist to join its Technology Outlook & Strategy (TOS) Division, within the Technology Strategy & Planning Department. TOS is responsible for analyzing emerging technology trends related to the energy industry, with strong focus on those that could have a material impact on the company’s business and markets. The division develops and periodically issues technology outlook reports and deep-dives to various company’s stakeholders in order to help understand potential opportunities and risks, and to guide the development of appropriate technologies and business strategies.
The Senior Hydrogen Market & Technology Strategist will be Aramco’s go-to hydrogen Subject Matter Expert (SME), as we continue to grow our global hydrogen business by leveraging Aramco’s internal and external business partnerships. This role will provide strategic long-term perspectives and critical insights on hydrogen technologies, as well as global and country-specific hydrogen market outlooks and policies, in the context of the global energy transition.
- Initiate and develop comprehensive hydrogen insights (i.e. outlook reports, whitepapers, deep-dives) to support senior leadership in making business decisions related to the company’s hydrogen strategy, technology and R&D activities, and aligning those activities with business priorities.
- Lead or participate in multi-disciplined strategic hydrogen study teams, providing critical insights and advice on the hydrogen value chain technologies that could materially impact Aramco’s global hydrogen growth ambitions.
- Work with other Aramco technology organizations, including Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures and our extensive network of global research centers, developing and evaluating hydrogen technologies and studies to ensure strategic alignment and business relevance.
- Represent Aramco, as a hydrogen expert, at external hydrogen industry organizations, of which Aramco has membership, as well as the Kingdom’s various hydrogen and energy initiatives.
- Master’s degree in Energy Policy or a relevant engineering discipline, such as: Chemical, Mechanical, or Environmental. A PhD would be a distinct advantage.
- At least fifteen years’ experience related to the energy industry, including at least ten in the field of hydrogen technologies and associated applications, as well as hydrogen-related policy and regulations.
- Must be a strategic thinker, with demonstrated recognition by peers as a hydrogen expert with a deep understanding of key issues impacting the global energy industry and the key role hydrogen will play in the sustainable energy landscape.
- Demonstrated extensive techno-economic modeling experience related to the hydrogen value chain, and associated supply and demand outlook.
- Demonstrated evidence in successfully translating strategic and business objectives into actionable technology and R&D imperatives.
- Proven track record in producing high-quality reports and whitepapers, journal publications would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated evidence effectively interacting with varied internal and external stakeholders, including: executives, scientists, engineers, public relations, and economists.
- A strong work ethic and a “can do” spirit, as evidenced by pro-actively initiating and leading initiatives and projects to successful outcomes.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.