We are seeking a senior attorney to support Amazon’s new and rapidly-growing consumer business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting, and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily function. Like everyone at Amazon, we’re passionate about our customers. You will work directly with business partners (including those on the regional leadership team) on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, and handling legal disputes and government inquiries.
This position will be based in the Riyadh.
· Strong academic credentials including a law degree (J.D. or equivalent) from a leading university and/or law school is required.
· Admitted to practice law in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Candidates admitted in other jurisdictions with sound knowledge of and expertise in the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia may be considered.
· 12+ years of post-qualifying experience with the practice of law in MENA, preferably in a mix of in-house and law firm roles and with substantial time spent in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization.
· Fluency with English and Arabic.
· Team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
· Business acumen combined with ability to identify optimal, practical solutions.
· Experience interacting with government officials at senior levels.
· Experience working at a multi-national company or supporting an international business.
· Trade or product compliance experience.
· Experience hiring and developing highly effective teams.
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."