Amazon is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Amazon attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
The Amazon GCC team UAE/KSA is looking for an enthusiastic, creative Senior Content Manager to help build and grow our business in the overall Total Consumer Electronics team (position based in Riyadh). The Senior Content Manager will play a leading role in developing the category’s creative direction, style guidelines, and overall CX strategy, discoverability and category online marketing calendar and strategy, meeting the needs of the business while protecting the integrity of the customer experience. They will propose, plan and execute the merchandising plan, new features and products with minimal oversight, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve project goals. This person will drive strategy and ambitions on behalf of the category team, will set goals that all functions may be involved in achieving and will liaise with tech teams and global category teams to execute. The Senior Content Manager will be responsible for representing their category in large cross-functional or cross-category projects that serve major parts of the business.
Seen by the team and vendors as an expert in their product line and its customer base, the Senior Content Manager will actively stay on top of new products, brands, trends and markets and propose strategies for optimizing them from a content and promotional standpoint. This person is viewed as a standard-bearer for high-quality, high-impact content and as someone who creatively and proactively finds win-win solutions that benefit the category and customer as well as the overall business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead annual category calendar content planning, creative development, landing page CX design and scheduling of cross-channel campaigns across gateway, manual merchandising slots, email / social for BAU (Business As Usual) / evergreen / x-site / deals & events, including the following (examples from the Media category)
- Product launches & new releases
- Deals & events merchandising for the category (eg. Esports, literary events, back to school, big releases, new big sellers, Prime Day White Friday)
- Latest trends
- Post campaign measurement and analysis
- Push for awareness of content excellent considerations (right price, selection, delivery speed, CX, high Item Data Quality score) across all relevant stakeholders in the business funnel leading up to content management
- Coordinate and project manage across Vendor Management, Design and Instock Management functions to source the content inputs for cross-channel campaign execution
- Understand the business requirements and coordinate with central marketing stakeholders to push the inputs into associates, search and xsite social channels as per the business goals
- Product Manage features to improve CX
- Drive customer demand or overstock by partnering on ongoing deals & cross-site events
- Contribute to Weekly Business Reviews and Monthly Business Reviews Reporting for Content Management on the browse experience and changes for the categories. Also build the solution to improve the metrics based on the leadership inputs
- Introduce, run and report on a steady A/B testing cycle for content strategy optimization across storefronts, emails and other traffic channels
- Compile and drive recommendations for discoverability and browse optimization through quarterly Browse Audits
- 5 -10 years of relevant work experience in online marketing and/or site merchandising.
- A deep understanding of all traffic-driving mechanisms (Email, search, browse, SEO, etc.); actively engaged in optimizing those channels for your business
- An in-depth understanding of merchandising and customer behaviour metrics, plus regular use of such data to guide decisions and recommendations
- Demonstrable ability to think on your feet and make smart decisions
- Online retail experience
- Strong planning and time-management skills
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Highly skilled at communicating ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent written English and Arabic and strong attention to detail is essential
- High computer literacy, with ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience delivering results by partnering with and influencing others
- Experience with HTML, XML, Photoshop and general office software
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."