Job Title: Senior Consultant, Consulting – Transportation and Logistics – Riyadh
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Line of Service Overview:
- In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organizations and Technology.
- As a member of PwCs Transport & Logistics practice you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best and brightest consultants across the industry. Regionally, the Transport & Logistics sector is playing a pivotal role in both shaping and enabling ongoing national transformation programs through enhancing national infrastructure, intra and interconnectivity, service and safety levels and attraction of foreign direct investments. PwC is at the heart of this sectors transformation. We boast a globally recognised practice that is 5000 professionals with strong roots in the Middle East region. Our regional practice brings deep multi-modal expertise.
- Lead cross functional internal and client teams to develop and deliver operations strategies with a particular emphasis on the implementation of cost reduction initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in different sectors and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Write and present winning proposals to support our clients in the Middle East.
- Supporting the development of new propositions to help our client.
- You should be able to leverage your experience in different industries to bring best practices to support our clients in achieving set engagement goals.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- You should have led teams and mentored/ trained other members in your team/ business unit in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Whilst working in the T&L team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Strong Consulting background (high performer in a strategy house or Big 4).
- Bachelors degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record; advanced degree or MBA is preferred.
- Have worked on projects within Transportation and Logistics industry (Maritime & Ports / Rail & Road / Aviation & Airports)
- Self-starter, eager to break new ground, and create opportunities for others.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a confident presence and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas.
- Demonstrated progression and advancement into positions of greater responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to impact top and/ or bottom line financial results.
- Team-oriented and demonstrated success in delivering results and leading teams, significant management responsibility early in the career is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East.
- Experience in strategic planning, operational improvement, data analytics, operational transformation, junior team leadership, mid-tier client management.
- Bilingual in both English and Arabic
About PwC Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.