The successful SVM will be able to:
· Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
· Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
· Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
· Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
· Manage vendor relationships – manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
· Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
· Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
· Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a passion for assigned category and an acute interest in driving the growth and profitability of strategic suppliers/brands partners on Souq.com retail platform.
Deep understanding of the assigned category (brands, supplier’s…etc.).
Proven track record of success in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, and time management
Excellent analytical skills
Proficiency in Excel
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Business, or Management
· 8+ years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of delivering results
· 8+ years’ experience in negotiations and vendor management
· MBA with relevant business experience
· Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
· Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
· Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
· Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools
· Highly polished communication skills – speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
· Working in a start-up or early stage environment where you will be defining best practice for your function
· Arabic Speaker
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."