Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco PD&T departments are directly responsible and accountable to deliver on-spec crude oil and refined hydrocarbon products in a safe, reliable, cost effective and environmentally friendly manner, to the satisfaction of customers through a competent workforce and using state of the art technologies. PD&T has eight operational departments and they are geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The safety team in PD&T Departments is responsible to work with operating organizations to provide field safety support to ensure safety is properly managed in all operational activities, provides advice and consultation to organization staff to assist them in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with safety regulations, standards and practices.
– Provide continues support to the organization to assist them in implementing Saudi Aramco Safety Management System (SMS), and meeting safety objectives and expectations. This includes assisting the organization in developing safety processes related to risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, incident investigations…. etc.
– Participate in various safety studies/activities, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, Job Safety Analysis, field safety inspection, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys.
– Provide advice and consultation to department staff to assist them in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with safety/environmental regulations, standards and practices.
– Review and update the department Safety Management System (SMS) Manual.
– Participate in safety events and Safety Performance Dialogue.
– Develop the organization Safety Action Plans and continuously communicate it to all employees.
– Develop controls for identified hazards and coordinates the implementation of controls from results of hazard analyses.
– Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommends changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place incidents and injuries.
– Conduct trend analysis for all incidents (i.e. Near Miss, Safety observation, Loss of Primary Containment, …etc.).
– Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs to address safety issues or concerns.
– Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Undertakes surveys to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions.
– Maintains awareness of corporate safety requirements and makes recommendations for their implementation.
– Assists management with monitoring adherence to department safety programs by employees and contractors.
– Review designs for new projects and upgrade of existing facilities for compliance with company safety standards.
– Recommend the purchase of safety equipment, related supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with established company requirements.
– Reviews and analyzes injury, property damage, and statistical loss data and works with management to prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
– Perform field audits including compliance with the SMS processes and work permit system. Also identify safety concerns, formulate solutions, and develop practical and cost-effective corrective actions.
– Respond to emergency situations and incidents either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
Education & Experience Requirements
– Bachelor degree related to safety from a recognized and approved program. Alternatively, any engineering discipline can be considered provided that the candidate has field Safety experience supported with international safety certification.
– Minimum of five years of experience in safety related to oil and gas industry. In addition, below areas of experts are required:
– Knowledge of Safety International standards such as NFPA, OSHA, NEBOSH and ANSI.
– Knowledge of Saudi Aramco Engineering Standards and General Instructions (GI) as well as SA SMS programs and Construction Safety Manual will be a plus.
– Technical competence to establishing safety management procedures and guidelines.
– Ability to lead incident investigation.
– Able to demonstrate knowledge of fire system, emergency preparedness, types of injuries, Hazard recognition.
– Good communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing).
– Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
– Skilled in the standards, concepts, analysis, practices, and procedures within the health, safety and environmental fields.
– Taproot certification is preferred
– Ability to comprehend and understand governing safety documents, standards, concepts and practices.
– Ability to work at all levels within an organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group.
– Self-motivated, with self-initiative, team work player and results driven with the ability to produce outstanding results with minimum supervision.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.