We are Aramco
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional opportunities we offer, and by the opportunity to make a positive difference through their work. At Saudi Aramco, we give our people the opportunity to do the work they dreamed of doing and support them in achieving more than they thought possible.
We are seeking a Prospect Generator to join Eastern Area Exploration Department.
Eastern Area Exploration Department duties cover all prospect generation and Exploration/Delineation well location selection, and assimilation of new Exploration well drilling results throughout the of Saudi Arabian Eastern Basin. Team members are responsible for producing and ranking prospects and securing management approvals for drilling and performing post-drill analysis. Technical responsibilities include all aspects of well and seismic data interpretation and integration to produce prospects and associated potential volume ranges, combined with petroleum systems analysis to inform risk and uncertainty together with strategic alignment with company objectives.
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Near field and wildcat exploration mapping and prospect generation throughout the Basins of Saudi Arabia.
- Participate in reflection seismic data survey planning, 2D and 3D.
- Execute reflection seismic data interpretation 2D and 3D incorporating multiple surveys and vintages, onshore and marine, generating attributes as required. Well ties using synthetics and VSP.
- Interpret seismic, including seismic stratigraphic interpretations for subtle traps.
- Apply sequence stratigraphic techniques to identify subtle traps. Structural geology skills including fault interpretation and fault seal.
- Integrate diverse data-types to construct and promote prospects.
- Assess petroleum risk elements to identify viable prospects.
- Map making using industry standard tools.
- Prospect volume and risk estimates.
- Use industry-standard interpretation and geographical information system tools.
- Preparing and presenting professional-quality presentation materials to technical peers and management.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to young professionals
- Take critical decisions and solve problems.
- Works in multidiscipline teams.
Explore our career opportunities
We are a global company with over 70,000 employees. Be part of a diverse global culture, working on challenging projects with dynamic, talented people in a world-class environment.
If you are interested in applying for a porisiton at Saudi Aramco, then please submit your complete application documents (CV and motivation letter).
Requisition ID : [[id]]
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.