Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager who is specialized in Petrochemicals to join our Project Management team (PMT). Saudi Aramco Project Management Teams are responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes ($), types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billion-dollar mega projects.
Project Management Team manages and executes projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The primary role is to lead and manage a division with several units in charge of executing capital projects. Ensure that engineering design, procurement, construction and project completion is done in compliance with the project objective and contractual requirements i.e. project schedule, cost, HSE, company standards and procedures. Project Manager role also involves managing the business aspects of the division consisting of but not limited to HR, training, cost control, schedule control, cybersecurity requirements and manpower planning.
You will be required to perform the following:
Lead the Execution of capital projects according to the scope, schedule and budget.
Manage the team under the division in executing the projects and provide guidance and directives to ensure successful completion of the project.
Leverage your expertise in Petrochemical projects and provide the appropriate actions for the team to follow in all phases of the project.
Provide the technical and project management oversight to the design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup of facilities, and close out of projects.
Ensure timely resolution of project issues arising in all phases of the project development.
Ensure safety measures are implemented in the projects’ execution.
Implement company initiatives in projects and business processes under the division.
Be fully familiar with company Key Performance Indices (KPIs) and achieve them for projects under the division.
Prepare/Review monthly project performance reports showing the status of design, material procurement, construction, milestones, commitments, payments, charges, variances from standards, waivers and problems and present them to higher management.
Anticipate and plan for changes in project scope, timing or costs. Prepare documentation and obtain management approval.
Assign appropriate manpower to all parts and phases of the project.
Ensure appropriate training and development paths are assigned to each division employee.
Oversee and review incoming and outgoing correspondence concerning projects assigned.
Ensure that proper job records are maintained on all assigned projects.
Negotiate agreements and change orders with design and execution contractors.
Guide and direct team members in the application of Aramco standards. Assure that variances from standards are minimized.
Responsibility for project development: engineering studies, licensors selection, technical bid reviews, preliminary engineering, detail design, materials procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, handover, commissioning, startup, and close out.
Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and schedule. Attend project meetings e.g. progress, stakeholders, design review, value improvement, etc.
Review of project schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned project progress and challenge below par performance of the contractor.
Uphold engineering ethics and maintain high standards of professional behavior and conduct.
- EDUCATION: B.S. in Engineering and a higher degree is preferred.
- OVERALL EXPERIENCE: twenty (20) years of experience in the project management field related to refining and petrochemical industries with a specialty in Petrochemicals, such that the incumbent is clearly recognized as an expert in this field.
- PROJECT MANAGER EXPERIENCE: Seven (7) years of experience as a project manager of projects in design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, and operation with values ranging from $100MM to $billion.
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) and no second language is required.
- Must have Engineering Design & Construction phase experience with a thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles in the applicable International Codes, Standards and Specifications.
- Have a mastery understanding of international procedures of Projects Phases, Engineering Phases, Bidding procedures, Procurement Processes, Construction Requirements and up to date Best Practices. In addition, be familiar with Saudi Aramco procedures and standards.
- Have a mastery understanding of contract documents (inclusive of appendices, drawings and specifications), project execution plan, interface management, change management, construction sequencing, standards specifications and project schedule to support project manager and/or company representative in timely completion of projects.
- Have a mastery understanding of scheduling principles and recovery methods.
- Have a mastery understanding of cashflow distribution in projects.
- Have a mastery understanding of resource planning and distribution.
- Have a mastery understanding of crisis management and ability to calmly manage project issues.
- Dynamic attitude towards project improvements and savings
- Flexible to work in multinational teams and mobilize to different locations including remote areas as needed.
Title : Fundamental of Engineers (FE)
Req./Pref. : Preferred
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.