Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer with experience in NGL Fractionation processes (NGL Fractionation, Distillation, Gas Sweeting, Refrigeration, Gas Recovery, Dehydration, Merox, Utilities, cryogenic loading, storage facilities etc…) to join our Ju’aymah NGL Department within Downstream Global Manufacturing to support and oversee the performances of facility assets.
Your primary role will be to provide exceptional process engineering support, to operate safely, reliably, and economically, and to achieve target goals while realizing company strategic imperatives.
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Perform in-depth plant monitoring and optimize performance of assigned units by overseen unit’s operation and economics losses. Ensure issuing detailed reports to recommend changes supported by simulation models’ result to optimize unit operation.
- Lead unit operations troubleshooting and investigating off-spec. products and plant trips/ upsets and manage the required deliverables. Support Operations during turnaround and unplanned Shutdowns / Startups by understanding the unit operating conditions and transient effects to recommend operations improvements
- Perform specific tasks such as, but not limited to catalyst/ desiccant forecast/ evaluation, test runs, de-bottlenecking studies, due-diligence assessment, enhancement studies, HAZOP studies.
- Assigned the Lead Role in process safety management overseeing HAZOP, PSR, SIL, PSSR, RA, and Alarm Rationalization. Lead HAZOP/Process Safety Reviews of plant operations as well as new modifications.
- Manage long and short-term projects by proposing major projects to improve safety, reliability and profitability. Prepare design request, budget justifications and detailed implementation plans for economically justifiable projects. Also, develop detailed engineering design packages for in-house process-oriented projects and follow up on implementation.
- Familiar to carryout process simulation using Aspen software package.
- Ensure environmental and safety awareness effectiveness with work closely with the facility Safety and Environment management to improve safety and achieve highest environmental standards.
- Liaised with vendors and technology licensors for process enhancements and changes.
- Train younger or less- experienced engineers by providing necessary guidance, assessing strengths and skills in need of improvement. Serve as technical mentor/ advisor to enhance the technical knowledge of the engineers through practical field discussions, demonstrations and/or simulations using available engineering aids.
You must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
You should have a minimum of 15 years of total NGL/LPG process units experience (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years’ experience in handling gas processing and NGL Fractionation.
Exposure to different licensor technologies for gas processing and NGL Fractionation is preferred.
Certified PHA/HAZOP leader is a plus.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.