Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are currently seeking an experienced Planning & Performance Management Professional to join our Upstream Planning & Performance Management team based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidate will be part of segment level finance team that handles the coordination, consolidation, and preparation of the Business Plan, Quarterly Business Reviews, Accountabilities, as well as other performance management related activities and ad hoc direct support to the Senior Management. It is a critical team within Upstream Finance, responsible for ensuring the delivery of accurate and fit-for-purpose information to the Management, in order to support effective and timely decision making.
You will be collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders across the Upstream business and Finance organization. Therefore, the capability of interacting effectively with people of various hierarchical and technical backgrounds will be critical.
The role provides a unique opportunity to understand and participate in the core business of Saudi Aramco, a key player in the global energy landscape and one of the most profitable companies worldwide
- Plan, execute and lead planning and performance management analytical activities particularly in resolving complex, cross-functional, non-routine issues and prepare quality decision support materials.
- Coordinate with other finance and operational employees at all levels in the collection, analysis and consolidation of data required for business plan, accountability reports, quarterly business reviews, risk analysis and other ad-hoc reports needed by senior management
- Support the preparation of the financial statements and financial metrics for the quarterly forecast and business plan period including calculation and challenging key assumption inputs.
- Lead special initiatives relating to design and re-design of performance measurements, processes and workflows, and information system-related changes
- Evaluate and recommend optimal capital and operating expenditure budget allocation decisions during and outside planning cycles
- Develop new financials models or review segment related models providing economic insights on earnings, investments and energy market matters.
- Provide analysis on competition and industries, identify market trends and best practices, consolidate information into actionable items for reports and presentations. Use online market research to capture findings and conduct qualitative studies as needed.
- Maintain the department risk register and follow up on the mitigation actions
Education & Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Finance, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience is required, with at least 5 years of experience directly related to the Upstream business.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of management accounting, finance and excel is required.
- Possession of an advanced business degree (e.g. MBA) and/or relevant professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA, CFA, or equivalent) is preferred.
- Demonstrable track record in the practice of planning & performance management with progressively increased responsibility throughout the career path.
- Proficiency in the use of business intelligence tools (e.g. Spotfire, PowerBi).
- Excellent command of oral & written English, with demonstrated capability of producing top quality written reports & presentations to senior-level audiences, including previous experience in delivering presentations to C-Suite
- Ability to work with incomplete data and drive conclusions and recommendations to senior management
- Working knowledge of SAP Finance Modules.
- Self-driven professional with the mentality and ability to find solutions to any matter, both individually or collaboratively.
- Seasoned professional with the authority and empathy needed to collaborate effectively across the organization.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.