Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an Pollution Control Specialist to join Saudi Aramco’s Marine Department.
The Marine Department is a vital part of Saudi Aramco’s Industrial Services. The department has a reliable fleet of vessels to provide an assortment of Marine Services, to support the exploration, production, and transportation of oil, in and around Saudi Aramco’s offshore concession areas.
Pollution Control Specialist primary responsibility is to perform a full range of duties and functions of technical oil spill response and preparedness, related to prevention as well as response and coordination on spill clean-up operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Provide work direction and technical guidance for activities related to Marine pollution control.
- Provide technical engineering direction and advice to Pollution Control Units during their clean-up activities.
- Oversee the preparation of documents, and Lead and Spill Reports required by Aramco and the Government authorities.
- Provide technical engineering expertise to the Division in regards to maintenance of existing equipment, preparation of equipment specifications and purchase of new equipment.
- Participates with Regional Oil Spill Coordinator in the preparation of oil spill contingency plans.
- Assists in the development of Pollution Control training Courses for Marine personnel and overseas implementation, including scheduling of such courses for groups of personnel and providing onsite direction.
- Performs audits on pollution control vessels and inspects oil spill equipment. Documents results of audits and prepares inspection reports.
As the successful candidate, you will hold at least a High National Diploma in either Engineering, Industrial Technology, Environmental Studies or Physical Sciences from a recognized and approved program. Ideally, you will also hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related subject.
You will have 7 years of experience in Marine operations or pollution control engineering.
Must have a working knowledge of the oil industry and of the environmental consequences of the various methods of oil spill prevention, containment, dispersion by chemicals and recovery.
It is preferred if you have a recognized International Maritime Certificate of Competence (CoC).
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.