Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer. With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply. We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The core function of the Strategy & Market Analysis organization is to advise the company’s management and guide other departments within the company on energy markets and outlooks, economic evaluations, oil and products pricing, macroeconomic outlook, and international energy policies and regulations, besides assisting in business planning and strategy formulation.
The Global Analysis Department helps evaluate various aspects of the company’s short- and long-term global energy challenges, in addition to short- and long-term global energy market supply and demand and price projections as well as other technology and policy drivers relevant areas of interest such as macroeconomics, energy and environmental policy, gas, coal, renewables, refining, petrochemicals and emissions.
The Specialist is to provide in-depth analysis and regular updates on national, regional and global policy developments related to climate change, energy and material transition, sustainability and relevant technology and economic trends/developments The Specialist will monitor current and future regulations and policy developments to identify possible impacts on the Company’s operations while also identifying opportunities to engage with external stakeholders to develop studies, researches and publications on relevant topics.
- Develop positions and crafting key messages for company management to advocate on the global stage.
- Interact with Corporate Executives to convey immediate and long-term policy trends, threats and opportunities impacting the company’s global operations and strategy.
- Provide thought leadership around global energy, climate and economic scenarios.
- Provide rigorous analytical and research support, data analysis on policies that are directly or indirectly related to the global energy sectors.
- Monitor, evaluate and Forecast energy trends and other issues with implications for the policy landscape and regulatory environment.
- Create platforms and provide guidance on modelling, assumptions and analytical tools to evaluate policies and conduct policy impact assessments.
- Draft reports on technical and policy issues, be able to benchmark and apply best practices to the Company context.
- Provide expert judgment, by way of thorough analysis on queries from management involving global policy and regulation issues.
- Provide support to Saudi Aramco events in order to increase employee understanding of energy policies and regulations.
- Able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on ad-hoc tasks.
- Able to perform consistently with changing deadlines and shifting work priorities.
- Ensure both timeliness and a high level of analytical and editorial quality of work.
- Mentor young professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in, international/public policy, economics, environmental law, or energy related sciences or degree in related field is required.
- At least 15-20 years of relevant professional experience in applied policy analysis, with at least 5 years of experience dealing with energy policies, regulations and corporate strategies.
- Proven ability to evaluate complex policy issues in a rigorous analytical fashion.
- Thorough understanding of current global energy policies. Experience in analyzing policy and regulation in both developed and developing countries is a plus.
- Ability to work with and utilize scenario-based and modelling tools to produce various deliverables.
- Proven ability to interface and effectively communicate with management at all levels within the organization and with relevant external stakeholders.
- Able to communicate complex technical and legal concepts in a clear, impactful and succinct manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.