We are Aramco
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional opportunities we offer, and by the opportunity to make a positive difference through their work. At Saudi Aramco, we give our people the opportunity to do the work they dreamed of doing and support them in achieving more than they thought possible.
We are seeking a Petroleum Engineering System Analyst to join the Unconventional Production Engineering Division of Well Completion Operations & Production Engineering Department.
You will demonstrate excellent computer skills, and hands on experience in well database applications and systems. You will have specific experience in systems and applications development processes. You will also have strong capabilities and experience in leading projects and teams specific to data management activities.
- Identify problems with existing UR data management environment and formulate solutions, and recommendations to resolve them.
- Provide central direction over complex theoretical and practical UR data management projects, and work with cross-functional teams for implementation, review/monitor project progress, and generate reports as required.
- Analyze the effects of proposed changes to data processes for all UR stakeholders and provide recommendations to enhance the proposal.
- Originate ideas for improvement and recommend or change procedures for UR data management.
- Ensure the implementation of UR data management policies, methodologies, and procedures.
- Serve as UR data senior representative to facilitate internal/external technical meetings and communication between the development team and all stakeholders.
- Mentor young professionals; develop training materials and conduct comprehensive training.
- Develop, implement and review data management standards and protection policies for enhancing data integrity and security.
- Represent Saudi Aramco in dealing with data management vendors and outside consultations.
- Provide technical expertise and technical consulting on UR data quality assurance and quality control measurements.
- Develop data security and protection policies and recommend enhancements as needed. Mentor professionals; develop training materials and conduct comprehensive training. Develop/Analyze Unconventional Resources Data Processes.
- Recommend and conducts studies on the extension or modification of computing technology into areas, which may be beneficial to the Reservoir, Drilling and Production Engineering customers.
- In conjunction with Petroleum Engineering staff, prepare recommendations for implementation of new computer projects for review by the Computer Center and customer management.
- Act as project leader on major projects and direct major components of smaller projects. Saudi Aramco: Company General Use
- Initiate and conduct research into the potential benefits of new technology (both hardware and software) and its application to existing and potential requirements in the UR community. If warranted, initiates proposals to incorporate selected new technology into the operations of the customer community.
- Maintain currency with advances in technology in both computer applications and Petroleum Engineering through membership in professional societies, attendance at courses and conferences and review of the current literature. Proactively analyze UR business function data and advice on internal departmental procedures, which will promote improved productivity or efficiency.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems from a recognized and approved program. The incumbent is preferred to have a M.S. in the related field of study.
You will have a minimum of 12 years’ experience in Petroleum Engineering business functions, including intensive data management. You will have an understanding and in-depth knowledge of data management concepts, business rules, workflows, model designs, and data governance concepts.
Explore our career opportunities
We are a global company with over 70,000 employees. Be part of a diverse global culture, working on challenging projects with dynamic, talented people in a world-class environment.
If you are interested in applying for a porisiton at Saudi Aramco, then please submit your complete application documents (CV and motivation letter).
Requisition ID : [[id]]
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.