Amazon is looking for ambitious, curious and versatile candidates to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
These internships are educational opportunities intended to allow future managers to discover how we lead and develop our teams of Associates. Operations and Logistics Interns will learn how our managers effectively engage their teams to realize their full potential, ensure their performance in order to fulfil our customers’ expectations, and encourage a safe and productive environment within our large and complex Fulfillment Centers, Sortation Centers and Delivery Stations. As an intern you might join one of the following teams:
· Inbound – Managing truck reception and unloading, registering products in our systems, and stowing of inventory
· Outbound – Managing picking, sortation and packing processes, and shipping customer orders
· ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence Services) – Benchmarking, implementing best practices and working on continuous improvement projects for various sites
· ICQA (Inventory Control and Quality Assurance) – Ensuring inventory records are accurate and defects kept to a minimum
You will put your analytical skills to the test and roll up your sleeves to complete actions that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that Fulfillment Centers, Sortation Centers and Delivery Stations provide to our customers. This will include:
· Diving deep into data, mapping processes and problems
· Offering and testing potential solutions and implementing the best one(s)
· Interacting with highly efficient managers, technology development teams, and front line Associates to think broadly about solutions to the most complex business and operational challenges faced by one of the world’s fastest growing operations network
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· You are currently working towards a 2+ year university degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Production, Engineering, Business Management, or similar discipline
· You must have the right to work in the country of employment by the start date
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and the local language
· You are willing to work to flexible schedules/shifts hours
· You are results-driven with analytical skills and the desire to innovate and simplify current process and practices
· You should have strong decision-making skills, and use sound logic to communicate
· Evidence of leadership skills – perhaps you are president of a sporting or social club at university or took the lead in a group project
· You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy in the course of the internship and make the most of your time with us to fully achieve your learning and development goals
· Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies’ worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."