Job Number 22184436
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Jabal Omar Marriott Hotel Makkah, Umm Al Qura, Makkah, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Patrol all areas of the property; assist guests with room access. Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions, perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire life safety system. Lock property entrances when required. Conduct daily physical hazard inspections. Respond to accidents, contact EMS or administer first aid/CPR as required. Assist guests/employees during emergency situations. Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents. Defuse guest/employee disturbances. Call for outside assistance if necessary. Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents. Handle all interruptions and complaints. Resolve safety hazard situations. Escort any unwelcome persons from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation. Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts. Call for assistance using proper code responses. Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report. Maintain confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals. Conduct investigations and gather evidence. Conduct interviews with relevant parties.
Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. In addition, some states may have additional licensing/registration requirements to be considered for this position. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., cell/mobile phones, pagers and two-way radios, email).
Working with Others
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Patrol all areas of the property by foot or vehicle using specified equipment (e.g., flash light, high visibility jacket) to ensure guest and meeting rooms are secure and assist guests with room access.
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions (CCTV), perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire life safety system to ensure that any unusual behavior or emergency situation is dispatched to appropriate personnel for investigation and recorded.
- Lock property entrances during designated times.
- Conduct daily physical hazard inspections and report any unsafe conditions or work practices.
- Respond to the scene of guest or employee accidents and determine if emergency aid is required.
- Administer first aid/CPR to guests or employees as required.
- Assist guests or employees during emergency situations, such as fire, evacuation, flood, severe weather, bomb threat, robbery, natural disasters, etc.
- Notify manager/supervisor, local police, or other appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Communicate specified information regarding guest or employee accidents to EMS/medical personnel as required.
- Defuse guest or employee disturbances/altercations in accordance with company policies and procedures, including summoning appropriate authorities if necessary, and documenting incident.
- Respond to domestic problems with guests and call for outside assistance if necessary.
- Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents such as theft, accidents, physical hazards, and fire alarms.
- Handle business interruptions and complaints, such as suspicious individuals, civil disturbances or demonstrations, noise complaints, intoxicated individuals, etc.
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Escort any unwelcome persons (e.g., trespassers, loiterers) from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation.
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts and document all required information.
- Call for assistance using proper code responses.
- Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report to ensure that all information is properly logged.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents and release information only to authorized individuals.
- Conduct investigations and gather evidence related to theft/fraud or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints, and other guest complaints and incidents.
- Conduct interviews with relevant parties in order to obtain statements and information related to incidents.
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
No related work experience is required
No supervisory experience is required
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Job ID: 22184436
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.