Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Inspection Department is seeking a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Engineer to join Inspection Technology Unit (ITU) of Inspection Technical Support Division. The ITU is responsible of the evaluation and deployment of latest inspection and Non-destructive Testing NDT technologies for asset integrity assessment and reliable and cost-effective operations.
The NDT engineer must have comprehensive knowledge and experience in NDT and inspection engineering principles.
- Identify and evaluate inspection and NDT technologies for supporting operating facilities and capital projects.
- Work with other Saudi Aramco for development of new inspection technologies.
- Develop engineering design, assessment and analysis of inspection technologies and propose them for procurement and deployment through the available company channels.
- Perform NDT inspections and evaluate NDT technologies and systems to detect, measure, and monitor deterioration mechanisms.
- Perform inspection activities which require traveling periodically to remote and offshore areas.
- Provide technical support and consultation to end users and field proponents on inspection and NDT technologies.
- Make recommendations to procure new Inspection and NDT technologies and/or adapt existing NDT equipment to resolve inspection challenges.
- Develop Inspection Technology Strategies in alignment with corporate strategic objectives and Inspection Department vision and mission.
- Explore future advancement in Inspection and NDT technologies for effective implementation.
- Develop new engineering procedures and techniques to address operational inspection needs, and conduct review and update of existing engineering procedures, including reflecting the new technologies in the company engineering procedures and standards as applicable.
- Establish processes and indicators to assess and monitor the effectiveness of processes and programs.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for young talents to develop competent NDT engineers.
- Support innovation programs and patenting of genuine ideas for development of inspection solutions, processes, tools, etc.
- Undertake special assignments requiring extensive technical experience and discretion when dealing with outside organizations.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (higher education is highly desirable, but not required)
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in in inspection of assets and inspection and NDT technologies.
- Working knowledge of international codes and standards applicable to inspection such as (API, ASME, AWS, etc.).
- Good knowledge of material engineering properties and specifications, and manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of various forms of material and equipment damage mechanisms, e.g. corrosion, Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC), weld defects, High Temperature Hydrogen Attack (HTHA), etc.
- Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine learning for inspection and NDT technologies.
- Able to perform interpretation and analysis if inspection data, using advanced computer software and data-analytics applications
- Economic analysis, planning and budgeting skills
- Must have published technical papers, delivered high-level presentations or speeches in relation to the UAV abd Robotics field.
- NDT certified Level III in at least two methods
- Fundamentals of Engineering, Professional Engineering, Chartered Engineer, or equivalent certification is highly desirable.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.