Posting Date Jan 04, 2021
Job Number 21000662
Job Category Revenue Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton Riyadh, King Fahad Road, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
|At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.|
Manages rooms and function space inventory and ensures inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits for hotels in the market. Responsible for building rates, packages and hotel sales strategy information in the hotel(s)’ inventory systems. The position makes pricing and positioning recommendations for market hotels. Conducts analysis of revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel rooms and space inventory. Position contributes to forecasts, budgets, weekly and daily projections. Position critiques sales strategy effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities
Education and Experience
A degree in a relevant business discipline preferred or demonstration of equivalent work experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Manages room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
• Manages function space authorizations, restrictions and rental.
• Manages rooms inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
• Maintains the transient rooms inventory for the hotel(s) and responsible for maximizing transient revenue.
• Releases group rooms back into general inventory and ensures clean booking windows for customers
• Ensures that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the reservation system and the inventory system.
• Prepares sales strategy critique.
• Monitors transient and group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential for all brands.
• Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Supports cluster selling initiatives by working with all reservation centers.
• Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine, implement and control selling strategies.
• Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
• Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
• Ensures compliance and participation in company promotions and eCommerce channels
• Ensures all hotels follow brand strategies that will maintain and/or increase the hotel(s) revenue per available room (RevPAR) and revenue per available square foot (RevPAS).
• Understands the working relationship between sales, reservations and property management systems.
• Participates in periodic regional reviews
• Promotes and protects brand equity.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
• Establishes long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Creates long range forecast for rooms and catering by segment and updates forecast every period.
• Creates weekly forecast for property operations and staffing purposes
• Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
• Maintains accurate reservation system information.
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Generates updates on transient segment each period.
• Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
• Provides revenue analysis functional expertise to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Prepares forecasts of revenue, profit, demand and occupancy for rooms and function space – for prescribed timeframes
• Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
• Manages all revenue, profit and demand data associated with rooms and function space
• Develops and/or uses analytical tools and systems to maximize revenues and profit.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
Building Successful Relationships
• Proactively develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
• Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job ID: 21000662
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.