Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramcos value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdoms vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Global Optimizer Development Departments (GOD) charter is to optimize crude allocation and the operations of global manufacturing facilities in order to maximize revenue, increase profitability, and capture international market opportunities. The division also acts as the LP gatekeeper for wholly owned refineries and the global MPIMS model, and maintains an integrated global planning model which is used for optimizing global crude allocation and exploration of new international markets and integration options.
The Rigorous Simulation Modeling Engineer consults on complex engineering and LP problems, and reviews existing and new rigorous simulation in order to updated or build up shift vector for Sub model in PIMS structure, also keeping rigorous simulation accuracy to conduct LP Backcasting, recommending improvements as required. This role will also have the opportunity to build a new grassroot refinery rigorous simulation, mentor and train less-senior LP engineers and process Engineers, and provide specialized technical service in recognized engineering fields.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Run the rigorous simulation in order to identify deviation from simulation and actual condition.
- Run the wide refinery model after SROP optimization in order to identify operational opportunity in the refiner.
- Define data and work process required to maintain and update rigorous simulation.
- Develop Non-Linear equation to reflect operational variable into the PIMS AO model
- Keep the hybrid model for LP Engineer accurate.
- Work with process Engineer in order to guaranty accurate simulation output and debottleneck constrain to maximize refinery benefit.
- Perform back-casting and issue a monthly report on the Rigorous Simulation gap along with required mitigations.
- Support stakeholders in order to create new models to evaluated new project for Downstream business
- Support ASSAY expert to calibrate the TBP and cut points in order to reflect the actual column efficiency
- Publish articles in leading trade magazine and /or industry journals
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering related field, MBA or a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 9 years of professional experience in consulting and /or refinery industries, with an in-depth understanding of rigorous simulation for refinery processing units
- Expertise developing rigorous simulation to extract shift vector and process objective, with at least 7 years of experience in Aspen Technologys HYSYS model or PETROSIM.
- Have developed rigorous simulation for hydrocracking, FCC, DHT, Catalytic and Coker reforming units, have built a rigorous simulation model of a complete refinery (Wide Refinery Model)
- A thorough knowledge of engineering practices, economic principles and calculation methods.
- Expert in international business and cross-cultural professional practices
- Have developed integration between rigorous simulation models and ASPEN PIMS
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the worlds biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.