Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramcos value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdoms vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Lead Environmental Scientist to join the Mangrove & Forestation Division (M&FD) of Environmental Protection (EP).
The Mangrove & Forestation Division (M&FD) is responsible for providing nature-based solutions (NBS), leveraging advanced technologies, conducting research, fostering collaboration, and raise awareness to support our companys ambitious goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050.
The Lead Environmental Scientist primary role is to provide consultations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning, scheduling, and providing work direction to intra-departmental teams implementing and monitoring Company-wide environmental policies and compliance.
- Formulating the basis for environmental studies in various fields by analyzing and evaluating relevant data.
- Initiating detailed work studies and determining approaches, processes, or equipment for environmental inspections, monitoring, sampling, and measurements.
- Consolidating all elements of environmental research and data analysis and ensuring proper coordination.
- Developing professional and scientific methodology to identify and evaluate environmental or occupational hazards.
- Advising Company, local government, and industry officials on the risks of managing hazards.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of Environmental Awareness and Education courses.
- Acting as an environmental consultant on reviewing the environmental impact of new installations or modifications.
- Developing design standards, instructions, and procedures related to environmental hazard control.
- Keeping up-to-date with Company, government, and industry processes, operations, and products relevant to environmental protection.
- A bachelors degree in Ecology, Biology, Agricultural Science, Environmental Science, or Forest conservation and restoration from a recognized and approved program. A master’s degree in any major related to environmental studies is required. A PhD degree in any major related to environmental studies is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the environmental field, either in academia or industry, knowledge focused on nature-based solutions (NBS).
- Experience in environmental activities in the oil industry is preferred.
- The candidate must have the ability to speak, write, and present reports or articles in English using scientifically correct terminology and terms acceptable at various intellectual levels.
- You will be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge in your area of expertise.
- A thorough understanding of environmental practices worldwide is also necessary.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the worlds biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.