Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Office of General Counsel (OGC)
Job Description & Summary
The ME Office of the General Counsel (OGC) Team operates across all lines of service and across the region to provide legal advice and support on a day-to-day basis to client-facing teams, with the goal of supporting the operation and growth of the business whilst taking appropriate risk decisions.
There are dedicated subject matter experts in each of the sub functions within the OGC team who are available to support and consult with partners and engagement teams on all legal, structural and dispute-related queries.
The litigation and transactional lawyer hired for this position must operate with a pragmatic mindset and be solution-oriented.
He or she must demonstrate an ability to balance risks identified with maintaining a commercial outlook in the approach to answering queries.
The role is more than just following policies or processes and includes being flexible in applying business judgment, understanding of the business, its operations, products, and services.
The lawyer should have deep relationships with partners and other senior engagement team members within the business.
- Adheres to the OGC Budget
- Support Senior OGC members, ME Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and ME General Counsel (GC) on litigation, and corporate, commercial and regulatory KSA matters.
- Provide advice and support in relation to KSA regulatory matters, including providing interpretations of law and regulation to engagement teams to help them understand how regulations apply to the firm and to client engagements.
- Provide support on commercial and transactional matters.
- Provide support on significant litigation matters, by assisting with the internal investigations required in relation to litigation matters, and supporting in reviewing pleadings and filings, and working with technical experts.
- Provide advice and support in dealing with liquidators and bankruptcy situations involving clients or ex-clients.
- Provide updates to and work closely with Global firm R&Q and Global OGC teams as well as PwC UK OGC, on significant adverse matters.
- Provide advice to engagement teams and LoS R&Q teams on all legal related areas of risk during an engagement lifecycle.
- Liaise with other R&Q functions such as Independence, Compliance, AML etc for specialist advice.
- Build relationships with the relevant LoS R&Q Leader, other R&Q Leaders, and LoS / IFS Partners and engagement teams.
- Meet with the allocated LoS R&Q / IFS Leader to discuss key findings, areas of concerns and / or gather feedback.
- Consult and escalate to the LoS R&Q Leader / OGC ME General Counsel as necessary.
- Assist with producing guidance and templates, and assist with updating policies and procedures as necessary.
- Provide support and lead on sensitive regulatory matters.
- Assist with reviewing and redesigning processes if needed.
- Provide support to OGC projects as needed.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant PwC Network standards, policies, and procedures.
Learning & Growth
- Meet with relevant business stakeholders and LoS R&Q Partners regularly to ensure optimal relationships.
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and team members.
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the R&Q team.
- Act as a key resource and liaise with other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships.
- Must be Saudi national
- A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or extensive relevant and practical experience
- Qualified lawyer
- Bilingual Arabic-English (with strong English)
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Relevant legal experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier firm, at a top law firm, at a regulator required or at a large multinational or other reputable company required.
- Prior people management and teamwork experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep understanding of the legal environment across the region
- Deep legal, regulatory and litigation knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong networking and capacity to build strong connections with Global, EMEA, external legal counsels, UK and other R&Q LoS communities
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong people management skills
- Risk averse/risk management skills
- Process oriented and strong internal control skills
- Ability to develop and implement procedures, controls and policies for functional areas of responsibility
- Organization skills and eye for detail
- Time management skills and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ethical conduct
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
About PwC Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.