The KSA Head of Marketing and Communications represents the KSA customer interests and delivers against the KSA customer objectives in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The head of marketing is directly responsible for the KSA marketing team and partners with the retail, 3P and public policy teams in the marketplace. The KSA Head of marketing represents Amazon externally with business partners and media. This position will be expected to:
· Lead the Customer vision, strategy and plan with the goal of both attracting new customers and increasing purchasing frequency with existing customers in partnership with the local business leads.
· Engage with key internal stakeholders across regional and country teams to develop integrated, cross-category plans that leverage all aspects of Amazons product and all communication channels to bring Amazon’s propositions to life for customers.
· Lead the customer experience vision for SA. Support the creation of product solutions and new capabilities required to deliver on the customer experience vision.
. Identify potential customer and business opportunities and provide inputs to the regional marketing and business leaders and ultimately develop mitigation or enhancement strategies to strengthen Amazon’s position.
· Lead media engagement in KSA, including interviews, position articles, press releases, representation in external conferences, workshops, and other marketing initiatives.
· Lead a team of local marketers to plan and execute customer plans. The country marketing team is responsible for event calendar and execution, deals sourcing/optimization, homepage management, local partnerships and local BD, and manual outbound.
· Contribute in developing local Saudi talent, promote Amazon in recruiting activities, participate in talent development programs.
– Native Arabic speaker
– 10+ years of professional experience in marketing, e-commerce, FMCG or within a demanding corporate environment
– Strong analytical background and attention to detail with ability to use data to measure performance and determine improvements
– Proven marketing and communication skills
– Proven project management skills
– Clear evidence of managing and motivating a team, both direct and indirect reports. Ability to work with cross-functional teams
· Strong and persuasive verbal and written communication skills (English and Arabic), including a successful track record in engagements with government and media.
· Strong organizational, managerial, and communication skills, with proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results.
· University degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or any other related field of study.
· Post-graduate education / Masters level qualification
· Knowledge of the MENA digital customer
. Experience in senior level negotiation
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."