We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented Instock Manager for the Other Hardlines Categories in GCC. The Instock Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the Instock role, including driving improved in-stock, inventory planning and forecasting. Additionally, you will drive initiatives to improve customer experience by working collaboratively across Retail, supply chain and operations. The ideal candidate will excel in scalable process improvement, analytics, written/verbal communication and be customer obsessed. The candidate will have proven experience delivering results by partnering with others and be comfortable leading and contributing across a range of topic outside of the core ISM responsibilities.
As Instock Manager, you will focus on delivering improvements at the GCC level, partnering with vendors and various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization to improve internal and external processes while continuously improving operational metrics. You will own the relationship of a set of Other Hardlines vendors and related long-term Supply Chain optimization goals, with the aim of reducing our overall cost to serve, contributing to the growth and scale of the category and to maximize the service level for our customers.
Key job responsibilities
· Manage availability and inventory health including: improved in-stock rates, inventory planning and systematic forecasting
· Partner with supply chain and operations to improve in-stock
· Partner with internal teams to help create and drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and vendor management workflow
· Use business analysis to identify opportunities to solve complex problems
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Retail Planning, Information Systems Management
· 4+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Planning, or Inventory Management or equivalent experience such as Consulting, Finance, or Operations
· Superior analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to dive in and quickly understand root cause and identify scalable solutions
· Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
· Advanced Excel skills
· Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves
· MBA with a quantitative focus, or advanced degrees in Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering
· Graduate degree in Business (MBA), Engineering or a Supply Chain / Operations discipline preferred
· Experience with SQL is a plus
· Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."