As a Team Lead you will be responsible for shift execution and team’s supervision and engagement in your area of the Fulfillment Centre. Along with your manager and with line operators, you’ll work closely to ensure that the assigned department is performing in line with the plan and that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded. A core part of your responsibilities will be to ensure that the team perform efficiently to fulfill customer order while adhering to safety and quality guidelines. This includes taking care of your team and creating an engaging working atmosphere, and addressing barriers faced by line operators throughout the shift and adjusting shift plan to account for any last minute changes.
The right candidate will demonstrate a good sense of ownership, ability to lead by example in all key areas of performance including safety and quality, and ability to develop a subject matter expertise on all operations processes in their assigned department.
· Create and cultivate a safety culture by identifying safety opportunities across your work area
· Ensure that customer orders are fulfilled per quality guidelines
· Continuously provide critical shift related information to frontline management and operators
· Adjust labor allocation within assigned department throughout the shift per latest plan
· Drive proactive actions as communicated by manager to remove barriers impacting good shift performance
· Engage with support functions and/or other departments to address common issues or needs in key areas of performance e.g. process area readiness, 5S, safety, training
· Support customers’ order fulfillment by working directly and on a regular basis on operations tasks within your department
· Deliver coaching and feedback to line operators related to productivity and quality performance, and safe behaviors
· Develop subject matter expertise on all operations processes in assigned department
· Minimum of vocational education degree (Level 3 according to European Qualification Framework [EQF])
· Physical requirements – a person lift limit is up to 15kg (*unless a country has a lower individual limit)
· Very good command of local language (spoken, listening, writing)
· Good communication skills
· Analytical skills (able to identify problem root cause, predict issues by looking at data and Key Performance Indicators)
· Proactive problem solving and hands on approach
· Ability to learn new skills and information and adapt to changes and deliver results, whilst working in a fast paced environment
· Experience in coaching or leading a team
· Must not having any live warnings or letters of concern
· Must have at least 12 weeks’ tenure (in either temporary or permanent role combined)
· If permanent and have not yet passed probation, your continued employment is subject to your passing of probation in the new site
– Basic understanding of Lean methodology
– Orientation towards detail and precision
– Ability to deep dive in operations process and develop ideas for process challenges
– Capable of working the entire MS Office suite, especially Excel
. – Demonstrated problem solving & analytical skills
– Inventory & Quality Assurance Management experience
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."