Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members fulfilled, motivated and empowered. With your Bias for Action, we’ll need you to step in and take real ownership of Health and Safety in one of our Fulfilment Centres.
Our Fulfilment Centres are at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing business: they’re where we handle our fast-moving inventory. Our associate teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
It’s in this logistics environment that we will need an experienced Health and Safety Manager to play a critical role. You will be supervising overall Health and Safety standards in this Fulfilment Centres, while also working towards the continuous improvement of functionality and efficiency.
You will be coordinating key aspects of output: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your responsibilities will include:
· Handling Health and Safety and employee satisfaction at your Fulfilment Centres, including supervising employee wellbeing and productivity.
· Effectively collaborating on Health and Safety projects, across various Operations sites.
· Providing authoritative guidance on Health & Safety matters to all stakeholders, especially on those relating to your designated area of responsibility.
· Review and audit arrangements for Health & Safety management, while continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
· Plan and implement work systems around reducing Health and Safety risks, e.g. recommending suitable adaptations to machinery and processes.
· Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for Health and Safety statistics.
· Provide management with information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
· Support business change, via effective change management processes in the context of your Fulfilment Centre’s flexible environment
· Direct behavioral culture change programs, across a large, complex, multi-shift operation.
· Implement and review Amazon’s global safety policies, ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met
· Completed degree in Health & Safety or qualified to NVQ5/NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent.
· Professional experience in Health & Safety, ideally gained in a logistics environment.
· You’re a chartered member of an industry body representing the interest of Human Resources, such as IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent.
· Experience in leading a group of Health & Safety team members.
· Experience communicating with and presenting to senior leadership.
· You possess an in-depth understanding of EU & local Health and Safety legislation.
· You possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies.
· Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
· Communication and influencing skills: you’re also results-oriented and tenacious.
· Flexible approach to work, while always managing your own priorities and workload.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to motivate teams.
· You can quickly build credibility, using your influencing skills and strategies to build buy-in for change.
· Proven record of propelling significant change through an operation.
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."