Amazon is looking for a workplace, Health and Safety (WHS) Coordinator to add to the team:
Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we’re seeking a driven WHS Coordinator/ Officer. With your Bias for Action, we’ll need you to step in and help drive health and safety across our delivery Station in Riyadh.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead site risk assessment for current and new activities.
• Lead implementation of site specific WHS standards and guidelines.
• Lead implementation of site WHS objective and programs.
• Promote safe culture among employees by providing daily WHS content to shift briefing.
• Establish site WHS training matrix.
• Perform frequent site safety inspections to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Work with Operations team to implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
• Attending to incidents and occupational injuries cases on site.
• Guide and assist area managers on incident investigations, Systems write up and communication of lesson learned.
• Assisting Ops team in Systems follow up sheet and CAPA creation. Audit record-keeping practices and ensure Systems entries to be aligned with global WHS standards and local regulations.
• Ensure the PPE inventory at site and coordinate with procurement for order placement.
• Key Safety Requirement (KSR) Audit weekly assignment, monitoring and support.
• Ensure basic Fire Fighting training and first aid training completion. requirements.
• Daily Powered Industrial Tool and Trailer Dock Release inspection and communications.
• Daily Action Tracking System monitoring and support.
• Participate in site management safety walk, provide insight into unsafe acts and conditions to management.
• Provide daily update to Country WHS Manager on objectives progress, incidents, KSR, ATS, network actions, etc).
• Preparation of WHS committee meeting agenda, MOM write up, ATS creation.
• Daily Permit to Work review and sign off.
• Lead on WHS related procurement and follow up.
• Preparing emergency response plans.
• Managing and conducting emergency drills.
• Managing preparation and training of emergency drills, prepare records.
• Heat Index establishment, monitoring and support.
• Provide support to site specific requests, unplanned events and activities.
• Conduct daily and weekly WHS audits, such as hazard waste room inspection, spill kit inspection, first aid room, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety or Engineering / Science bachelor degree • +3 years of experience in OSH field. • Local Authority classification as Safety Practitioner • Good English communicator
• Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focus skills • Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy. • Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses • Experienced in emergency response and currently holds First aid and CPR certificates • Analyzing and manipulating data • Passion for safety
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."