The Amazon Marketplace organization drives the Selling on Amazon business and develops solutions that enable millions of Selling Partners around the world to sell on Amazon.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Category Leader (based in Riyadh) focused on growth and development of Selling Partners on amazon.sa by delivering strategic insights and relentlessly high operational standards.
In this role, the category leader will be responsible to drive the strategic direction of the category corresponding business and operational objectives. He will design and execute strategies supporting business growth, and deliver best in class team engagement and people development plans. He will lead a team of key account managers and category strategy managers, focused on driving growth through existing and new merchants to deliver a world class experience for both Customers and Selling Partners.
- Owning end-to-end the Selling Partner experience to improve business input metrics that drives category growth and improves customer experience
- Leading an extended team of key account managers and other functions (such as Team Leads and Category Merchant Managers) handling both new and existing accounts to increase their adoption of Marketplace programs, tools and features
- Partnering with seller support, operations, product and other technical teams to design and build customized and localized features and solutions enhancing Selling Partner experience and driving org productivity
- Identifying and driving new opportunities for Amazon’s Marketplace business
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or Business with relevant work experience
- Postgraduate / Msc. degree in Economics, Finance or Business from top-tier University
- 10+ years of experience ideally with a good mix of B2B sales/account management, business development, consulting, or category management
- 5+ years in a leadership role and people management (both local and remote)
- Significant experience in a multinational company with ability to confidently communicate and present to senior leadership
- Proven track record of leading large accounts and scaling up business in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and workload management skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses
- Proven ability to attract, hire and grow top talent
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical thinking and attention to details
- Arabic and English fluent
- SQL literacy / experience
- 3P Marketplace experience preferred
- MBA from top b-school preferred
- 50/50 combination between Consultancy and B2B sales or Category management
- Knowledge of large groups in Saudi in Consumer Electronics
- SQL proficient
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."