As a Shift Manager, you’ll have responsibility for the day to day management of a Delivery Station, providing leadership to Operations Supervisors, Operations Assistants and Delivery Service Providers, managing external agency relationships and performance. This team will work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. We’re in uncharted territory, doing what’s never been done. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced, dynamic environment. If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we’d love to hear from you.
• Overseeing the operation that focuses on the Amazon Logistics operation.
• Support your team in daily management of the station, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and excellent organizational skills.
• Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements.
• Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
• Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences.
• Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback.
• Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations.
• Ensure associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed.
• Communicate daily metrics and report exceptions.
•Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain, production, engineering, management or a related field.
•Though not required, prior experience in warehousing environment can be beneficial
•You are flexible to relocate for the position if needed
•You are willing to work in non-traditional shift pattern which may include nights and weekends
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and local language if applying outside of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
• Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions.
• A forward thinker, with an ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change.
• Ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships.
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem solving skills and analytical skills.
• Direct management experience for employees and their performance.
• Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas including Night Shift.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your creativity to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon Company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. In the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon Company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon Company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."