Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramcos value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdoms vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a geomechanics specialist to join Western Area & Strategic Exploration Department. The Western Area & Strategic Exploration Department (WA&SED) responsible for the hydrocarbon & non-hydrocarbon resources through strategic & sustainable exploration programs that integrate the best talent, optimal processes and leading-edge technologies in a safe and cost-effective manner. A qualified candidate will be part of a competent team of geoscientists, work collaboratively to maintain a healthy portfolio for CO2 storage, deliver solid exploration and delineation plans, and contribute to the operation at the execution phases.
The role includes integration of drilling data, well tests, G&G data to conduct mechanical evaluations, create mechanical earth models (1D, 3D and 4D), predict wellbore stability, perform well planning, pore pressure and fracture modelling, and support hydraulic fracture and well stimulation designs.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Estimate rock mechanical properties from petrophysical logs and calibrate with core data.
- Build mechanical earth models from multidisciplinary data including rock elastic properties and stresses in 1D, 3D and 4D domains on field and regional scales. Maintain updated mechanical earth models with real-time drilling data.
- Estimate pore pressure, fracture gradient and minimum horizontal stress (shmin) in 1D, 3D and 4D domains.
- Provide geomechanical modelling for hydraulic fracture design, reservoir stimulation and production.
- Provide analysis of In-situ stresses (orientation and magnitude), stress barrier definitions to support wellbore orientation and optimize mud windows.
- Recommend data acquisition program for geomechancial evaluations including open-hole & cased-hole logging, advanced logs and laboratory testing.
- Evaluate the impact of overbalance and drilling fluids on formation damage.
- Conduct wellbore stability analysis by using sonic logs, image logs, lab tests, leak-off test (LOTs) with integration all other available data.
- Provide geomechanical support for prospect generation and maturation
- Conduct detailed geomechanical studies integrating all available data to optimize well planning, placement and completion to ensure well stability and reservoir deliverability.
- Propose and lead advanced studies to solve complex gemechanical challenges using innovative approaches.
- Plan laboratory testing programs for geomehancial evaluations and integrate analysis with well logs, core data, well testing PTAs, XRFs/XRDs and other supporting data.
- Identify opportunities for innovative improvements on current practices and workflows.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Prepare and present professional-quality presentation materials to technical peers and management.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to young professionals
- Able to take critical decisions and solve problems.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams to produce integrated reservoir evaluations.
Education & Experience Requirements
- The qualified candidates are expected to hold a bachelor or higher degree in geosciences or petroleum engineering with 15 years of experience in geomechanical evaluations for clastic and carbonate reservoirs in exploration and development wells.
- The candidate should have a strong background in reservoir geomechanics focusing on well planning, geomechanical modelling and reservoir stimulation techniques.
- The candidate should be experienced in integrated studies and able to perform quality control and interpretation of G&G, petrophysical and engineering data used in geomechancial evaluations.
- The candidate is should exhibit strong understanding of rig operations with experience in open and cased hole logs interpretation.
- The candidate should be fluent in English with the capability to communicate verbally and in writing with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- The candidate should be able to work as a team player in a multidisciplinary team environment that requires proactive approach of engaging with other team members.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the worlds biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.