Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking an Upstream Gas Facilities Engineering Specialist to work part of the technical team of Gas Facility Division of the Gas Development Admin Department arm of Petroleum Engineering & Development Admin Area under Upstream Business Line.
As an Upstream Gas Facility Engineer Specialist, you will lead upstream gas facilities project life cycle (engineering, construction and commissioning) for offshore and onshore gas facilities such as offshore wellhead platform (or onshore drill site), gas compression pipeline network and hydrocarbon gathering stations. You will provide inputs to concerned parties for improvement such as de-bottlenecking, cost-effective alternative, production optimization, increasing performance and cost reduction. You will lead group of engineers in specific tasks and studies such as a new field development and 20-year field Master Development Plan. You will develop and train young professionals and participate in the company engineering standards, procedures & guidelines reviews
- Develop the scope of work for gas upstream facilities design and reviewing engineering design packages.
- Participate in HOZOP and QRA studies related to gas upstream facilities.
- Apply safety related issues and address environmental impact issues.
- Perform pipe hydraulic simulations, choke and flash calculations on PC-based software package
- Analyze results of the simulations and recommend optimum operating conditions.
- Able to look at cost optimizations, perform economic analysis and identify the most cost-effective alternative.
- Conduct and participate in gas upstream risk assessment studies.
- Bachelor of science in petroleum engineering or related discipline from an accredited university, MSc or PhD is desirable, but not required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience petroleum engineering organization with a minimum of 5 years in project related work
- You should be familiar with gas plants, gas distribution systems, gas processing facilities, gas gathering systems and have familiarity with downstream processes.
- You should have extensive experience in project type work in design, funding, materials acquisition, construction and commissioning.
- You should be able to identify design specifications and recommend improvements and economies in this area.
- You should have a thorough understanding of cost estimating pertaining to projects and able to explain over/under runs in expenditures.
It is desirable to have production engineering, reservoir engineering, downhole well completions and flow assurance engineering experience and knowledge since studies encompassing these issues will be expected.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.