Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Facilities Planning Department is responsible for the development and coordination of the capital program throughout the Company.
The Fuels & Chemicals Division comprises of three groups: Downstream Development Group, Refining Group, and Chemicals Group. The activities of F&C FPD span the entire Capital Planning Process including idea/opportunity creation, business case analysis, alternative options development, leading the multi-discipline integrated project teams through the preparation of Design Basis Scoping Papers (Front End Loading), and preparation of expenditure request documentation for presentation to Corporate Management. The Division is also responsible for leading broader master planning activities for the Kingdom downstream facilities and optimization/review of capital deployed to provide the highest possible benefit as well as leading Technical Due Diligence efforts on potential acquisition targets in the downstream sector.
- Conduct feasibility studies on refineries and petrochemical facilities and develop long-term business strategies related to these facilities.
- Lead integrated project teams to prepare design basis scoping papers to define capital projects involving refineries and petrochemical investments.
- Prepare expenditure request documentation and present it to Corporate Management.
- Interface with Operating Organizations, New Business Development, Engineering, Project Management, and Corporate Staff.
- Perform process/system and economic evaluations of existing and potential new refining and petrochemical facilities.
- Direct evaluations of major refining and petrochemical facilities as performed by others.
- Prepare and make presentations to Corporate Management on refining petrochemical investment opportunities.
- Provide full-time consultation to Saudi Aramco management and other organizations.
- Mentor the training of future Facilities Planning Specialists.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Advanced Education in Economics is highly preferred
- 12 years of experience in:
- Performing economic evaluations, feasibility studies and preparing requests for budgetary approvals.
- Professional consultant in planning and executing engineering studies.
- Applying and analyzing process/system simulation and economics of refinery or petrochemical operations.
- Excellent written and oral technical presentation skills.
- Fundamentals of Engineering, Professional Engineering, Chartered Engineer, or equivalent certification is highly desirable.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.