We’re expanding our team within Amazon Operations! If you’re interested in joining a business where you can achieve amazing results and put smiles on people’s faces, this could be the role for you.
As an Operations Finance Analyst, your duties are to prepare journal entries, account reconciliation and management reporting for Amazon legal entities, support management in all aspects of financial accounting, reporting systems, procedures and policies; An ideal candidate will have a background in operations/finance and have excellent data driven problem resolution skills. They will have the ability to pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize processes, and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
This is a varied, complex role and every day is different!
– Work with operations business partners to support decision making process by providing visibility on financials for the proposed decisions.
– Work with finance Operation peers / Central accounting to resolve and escalate issues noted from accounting reconciliation and follow up the action plan to ensure the issue is entirely fixed;
– Consolidate monthly CAPEX actuals and put a comparison vs. budgets/plans. Take proactive approach in-case of deviation.
– Analyze data provided by variant tools and systems for internal financial analysis, reporting and documentation;
– Play an important role in promoting systems/process development within department to ensure ongoing efficiency and control improvements;
– Drive daily level cost visibility to operations team and help them improve the cost structure.
– Ability to solve problems independently in an ambiguous and fast paced environment;
– Relevant experience in Month end closing of Books of accounts / working on Balance sheet Reconciliation & Reporting activities / Accounting knowledge
– Excellent computer skills / presentation skills and attention to details;
– Proven communication skills (written and verbal), Fluent English skills are required;
– Ability to dive deep and understand complex problems by analyzing data and provide arguments with data support.
– Sufficient excel skills using pivots, formulas, charts
– Bachelor degree in accounting or finance or above.
– Significant experience of project management & analysis within a fast paced multitasking driven;
– Goal driven, result orientated, self-motivated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture;
– Experience of Oracle R12 is preferred. Hands on experience on accounting & reconciliation process;
– Process improvement related experience
– MBA/CPA or ACCA
– Strong desire to learn and grow
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."