Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
An Executive Talent Assessment & Succession Specialist is required to join the Executive Development (ED) team within the Executive Development & Compensation (ED&C) Department.
The team in ED oversee and guide the design and implementation of the leadership succession journey at the Director and above (the “top 300”) levels. We achieve this through our in-depth expertise, building trusted relationships in all parts of the business and driving disciplined talent/succession management.
This role is to define, review, recommend, and evaluate the use of robust, cost-effective and impactful assessment and succession solutions for an array of talent management decisions with a focus around the Director and above leadership population. The core activities involve creating talent assessment and succession processes to ensure best fit for the skillset, competencies, motivation, and behavior against Saudi Aramco competency models and standards. The resulting assessments are to provide immediate and objective feedback to the company on the motivation, readiness and potential of any individual to move to the next stage in their Saudi Aramco career. It is also critical that the assessment experience for the participants are engaging, impactful and drive development outcomes.
More broadly, activities include ensuring assessments are effectively integrated into the overall leadership development and succession management strategy, supporting the establishment of effective governance practices around assessment data/reports, as well as, the leveraging of talent analytics around assessments to support better informed and more strategic decision making.
These are as follows:
- Establish/oversee the assessment and succession strategy at the Director and above levels and its integration into the overall talent strategy and associated leadership development journeys.
- Accountable for the delivery of the assessment and succession strategy for the Director and above population.
- Oversee the design and delivery of an engaging and impactful assessment experience for participants ensuring it is effectively integrated into their leadership development journey.
- Facilitate and/or ensure effective conversations with participants and business executives around the assessment data and associated implications for development and succession planning.
- Inform and guide the assessment governance framework, ensure adherence to best practice principles, and drive increased assessment competence and expertise amongst users.
- Consult and advise stakeholders on assessment use and interventions as well as on the succession planning process.
- Align and contribute to assessment and succession strategies addressing diversity and inclusion.
- Support assessment analytics as needed and in collaboration with HR analytics specialists.
- Determine and strengthen the link of assessment-based decisions and business success criteria.
- Undertake spot audits of all reports and processes at the Director and above levels.
- Provide input to and support the oversight of the assessment budget and vendor management – including contracts.
The successful candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in arts or science. Ideally, an advanced degree relevant to the expertise needed in the role (e.g., occupational/ industrial psychology, people/talent analytics). Over ten years post-graduate experience as an assessment specialist is required, preferably gained, in part, within a large commercial organization or consulting firm. Assessment experience should have included significant work at the executive/C-suite level and, ideally, included board level work. This work should have included involvement in succession management processes and leadership development gaining a strong understanding of how executives develop and successfully transition into senior roles (including C-suite and/or Board level).
Use of Company leadership competency models for appropriate assessments of potential, readiness, and development is expected. The successful candidate will also be fluent in evaluation and research methodology and theory; descriptive and inferential statistical analysis procedures and interpretation; and in-depth psychometric aspects of testing. He/she will be able to excel in a collaborative yet challenging work environment with the capability to influence and demonstrate business impact through assessments.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.