Posting Date Jan 03, 2021
Job Number 21000203
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Burj Rafal Riyadh A Marriott International Hotel, King Fahad Road, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Functions as the strategic business leader of the hotel’s food and beverage/culinary operation, including Restaurants/Bars, Room Service and Banquets/Catering, where applicable. Oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies. Supports the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. Oversees the food and beverage/culinary operation so that it meets the brand’s target customer needs, associate needs and focuses on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property associates and provides a return on investment to the owner and Marriott International.
Performs culinary tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced, and to ensure that sanitation and food stardards are met. Manages all food preparation areas (e.g., banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge and associate cafeteria) and all support areas (e.g., dish room and purchasing).
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and Maintaining Food and Beverage/Culinary Goals
• Sets expectations and holds food and beverage leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Food and Beverage is performing against budget.
• Makes recommendations for CAPEX funding of food and beverage equipment and renovations in accordance with brand business strategy.
• Works with food and beverage leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Develops and manages Food and Beverage crease profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Functions as the strategic business leader of the hotel’s food and beverage/culinary operation, including Restaurants/Bars, Room Service and Banquets/Catering, where applicable.
• Communicates on a regular, on-going basis in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., pre-meal briefings, staff meetings, culinary team).
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire food & beverage team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
• Develops a food and beverage operating strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Stays aware of market trends and introduces new food and beverage products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
Leading Kitchen Operations for Property
• Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
• Performs culinary tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
• Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced, and to ensure that sanitation and food stardards are met.
• Manages all food preparation areas (e.g., banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge and associate cafeteria) and all support areas (e.g., dish room and purchasing).
Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities
• Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
• Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
• Knows and implements the brand’s safety standards.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Provides direction for menu development.
• Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Holds employees accountable for maintaining food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies.
• Supports the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
• Oversees the food and beverage/culinary operation so that
Job ID: 21000203
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.