Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Kingdom Liquids to Chemicals Development (IK LTC) is developing the production, shipping, and marketing of low-carbon hydrogen and ammonia as an alternative route-to-market for our oil and gas resources. The SAMREF Max Chemicals (SMC) Division under IK Liquids to Chemicals Development is seeking an Engineer I to join the division. The division is responsible for the activities of SAMREF Max Chemicals (SMC) Project Development under the Liquid to Chemicals Program (LTC) and drives the development of project assessment and the delivery of project requirements during FEL I, FEL II, and FEL III. Additionally, the function will be solely responsible for leading the formation and activities of the Integrated Project Team (ITP), the formation of a project steering committee, or equivalent committees to drive major project decisions.
The candidate will ensure implementation of work in accordance with the project scope, set plans, and handle contingencies that arise during execution.
- Execute capital projects according to scope, schedule, and budget.
- Leverage petrochemical project experience and provide appropriate project execution.
- Ensure safety measures are implemented in projects’ execution.
- Implement company initiatives and business processes into projects.
- adopt company key performance indicators (KPIs) in projects.
- Prepare or review monthly project performance reports showing the status of design, material procurement, construction, milestones, commitments, payments, charges, variances from standards, and waivers.
- Anticipate and plan for changes in project scope, schedule, or costs. Prepare documentation and obtain management approval.
- Develop different project contracts and procurement strategies.
- Execute full contract procurement in all project cycles.
- Manage project material procurement.
- Develop a cost estimate and negotiate agreements and change orders during detailed design and execution.
- responsibility for project development: feasibility engineering studies, licensor selection, technical bid reviews, preliminary engineering, detail design, materials procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, handover, commissioning, startup, and closeout.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and schedules.
- Attend project meetings, e.g., progress, stakeholder engagement, design review, value improvement, Hazop study, scope optimization, ERA, etc.
- Develop and review the project schedule.
- Implement engineering excellence and enterprise risk management.
- Propose and implement innovative ideas to improve business and project development.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering is preferred in chemical engineering.
- At least 10 years of experience with a focus on the refining and petrochemicals business
- at least 5 years’ experience in project management.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.