Posting Date Jan 06, 2021
Job Number 21001899
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Burj Rafal Riyadh A Marriott International Hotel, King Fahad Road, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property’s food and beverage operation, including Restaurants/Bars, Room Service, Purchasing, Banquets/Catering, Stewarding and employee cafeteria, where applicable. Position monitors the development and implementation of departmental strategies and verifies implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position verifies that the food and beverage operation meets the brand’s target customer needs, verifies employee satisfaction, and focuses on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and provides a return on investment. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must verify sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years’ experience in the food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and Maintaining Food and Beverage Goals
• Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
• Makes recommendations for CAPEX funding of food and beverage equipment and renovations in accordance with brand business strategy.
• Works with food and beverage leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance.
• Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operational performance, service excellence and desired leadership behaviors.
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Develops and manages Food and Beverage budget.
• Monitors the department’s actual and projected sales to verify revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
• Verifies that cash control and liquor control policies are in place in food & beverage areas and followed by all related employees.
• Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
Ensuring Food and Beverage Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Provides direction for menu development.
• Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to verify that standards are met.
• Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Verifies compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Verifies that employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Leads kitchen management team and verifies proper supervision and coordination activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Demonstrates new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Verifies that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., pre-meal briefings, staff meetings, food and beverage team).
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire food & beverage team by soliciting employee feedback, utilizing the “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Develops a food and beverage operating strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Stays aware of market trends and introduces new food and beverage products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and verifies a competitive position in the market.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Reviews findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with F& B team and verifies that appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent guest service.
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Shares plans to take corrective action based on comment cards and guest satisfaction results with property leadership.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Coaches and supports food & beverage leadership team to effectively manage wages, food & beverage cost and controllable expenses (e.g., restaurant supplies, uniforms, etc.).
• Hires food & beverage leadership team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Verifies that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Verifies that employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Coaches team by providing specific feedback to improve performance.
• Informs and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinat
Job ID: 21001899
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.