Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Business Optimization Department is responsible for Downstream assets’ operation planning, profit and loss, development and coordination of the capital program in line with the Downstream strategy, and value creation through assets and streams optimization and integration.
Downstream Optimization Engineer will review the operating plan and identify and propose value creation opportunities thru stream integration across the portfolio as well as addressing constraint in the system to unlock these value-driven opportunities. The candidate will also develop the business cases related to the identified opportunities from a technical and economic stand point.
- Address and tackle constraints identified in Aramco assets the system through Solomon benchmarking analysis and input from other organizations and stakeholders.
- Review Downstream facility debottlenecks and recommend mitigation measures.
- Identify and propose value-driven opportunities to enhance overall profitability on individual asset as well as regional levels.
- Evaluate growth project proposals and JV offtake arrangements.
- Assist in the development of technical evaluation and economic justification of Capital Programs.
- Prepare project justifications for presentation to Corporate management.
- Perform system and economic evaluations of existing and potential refining and chemicals facilities.
- Evaluate major refinery and petrochemical process configuration set-up, and conduct refinery and petrochemical complex integration improvement studies.
- Prepare and make presentations to Corporate management on refining and chemical facility issues.
- Mentor junior engineering talent to aide career progression.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, MBA or a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- 15 years of professional experience in business optimization for major chemicals and refining projects, and a deep understanding of associated operations and integration of assets.
- Excellent understanding of financial analysis and valuation methodologies, commercial principals and mechanisms related to a transaction, and various types of commercial transactions.
- Expert in international business and cross-cultural professional practices.
Title : Fundamental of Engineers (FE)
Req./Pref. : Preferred
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.