Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Fuels & Lubricants Strategy & Capital Planning Division is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and optimizing the capital program for all Saudi Aramco Downstream assets. To achieve this, we conduct reviews and assessments of regional and global energy markets, including outlooks, economic and financial evaluations, oil and refined products and chemicals pricing forecasts; perform competing scenario planning; and comprehensively analyze energy policy shifts and regulatory environments and their potential impacts on Saudi Aramco’s strategic and competitive positioning.
• Identify and propose value-driven opportunities on asset-level and regional basis to enhance overall profitability in alignment with the company’s strategy and long-term goals.
• Evaluate the impact of market changes on the economics and competitiveness of capital program projects.
• Review and comment on inclusion of new projects in investment plans, and refresh plans accordingly.
• Conduct feasibility studies on refineries and petrochemical facilities, with an emphasis on technical and economic justifications and developing long-term business strategies.
• Evaluate growth project proposals and JV offtake arrangements.
• Assist in the technical development and economic justification of capital programs.
• Perform process, system and economic evaluations of existing and potential refining and petrochemical facilities.
• Direct evaluations of major refining and petrochemical facilities as performed by others.
• Prepare and make presentations to Corporate management on refining and petrochemical investment opportunities.
• Mentor less experienced facilities planning professionals.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering related field, MBA or a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience relevant refining and chemicals experience, of which at least five years must have been devoted to strategy and capital planning programs.
- Experience in providing consultation and conducting refining and strategy-related reviews and studies, both individually and as part of a team.
- A thorough knowledge of engineering practices, economic principles and calculation methods.
- Expert in international business and cross-cultural professional practices
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.